Quality Health Safety Security &Enviroment Advisor
Middle (2-5 years)
This job is no longer active.
• Maintain Communications throughout Company for HSSE
• Provide interface with clients as/when necessary
• Keep up to date with legislation changes and share knowledge
• Assist in industry focus groups
• Develop good lines of communication and working relationships with the product line personnel
• Review external industry alerts and information and share knowledge
• Liaise with inspectors & other government bodies as & when required
• Deputize for other team members within the HSSE team
• Demonstrate a high personal commitment to Health, Safety, Security and Environment standards
• Apply Company Policy and where appropriate client company’s, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Management Systems
• Advise on all aspects of Risk Management within operations:
• Ensure system in place to identify workplace and operational hazards – set up and assist in the population of Risk Aspect Registers.
• Set up Equipment Integrity Registers & assist product lines to implement improvement plans where required
• Controls are effectively applied to minimize all risks including chemical risks
• Report on risk management performance to product line management.
• Carry out environmental impact assessments.
Develop and maintain the Integrated Management System within the company:
• Suggest changes to work practices to continually improve process
• Change procedures to continue to meet legal and corporate requirements
• Ensure effective communication of management system throughout the product line
• Effective control and awareness and implementation of industry specifications and standards.
Assist the product line:
• Review accident / incident reports for root causes and trend analysis
• Review all non HSSE incidents and develop safe systems to ensure incident & severity reduction
• Discuss changes and ensure the Management of Change process is followed.
• Facilitate administration of systems, Waste Records, Compliance monitoring records etc.
• Equivalent qualification in Occupational Health & Safety
• Auditing Experience
• Product Line Knowledge
• Engineering Qualification
• Environmental Qualification
• Lead Auditor
• Good English
• Mechanical/Engineering Background
• Computer literate
• Good Writing skills
• Willingness to develop
• Understanding of Electronic Data Bases
• Training skills
• Excellent Communication
• Good Organisation
• Ability to work on own initiatives
• Positive Presence
• Team Player