QUALITY & CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - advanced, Romanian - advanced
* all languages are compulsory
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
We are looking for Quality & Continuous Improvement Manager, reporting to Plant General Manager as part of Senior Management Team, within our Meat, Fresh&Diary Business Unit. This position is based in our Piatra Neamt site in Romania.
WHAT WE OFFER
Aligned with Amcor’s aspiration is to be renowned as the Flexibles industry leader in Operational Excellence the CI Manager in Amcor Flexibles Piatra Neamt will have responsibility to provide direction for Continuous Improvement (CI) across all functions, delivering both local & central initiatives. Reporting to the General Manager and as a key contributor to the site senior management team, the primary objective of the role is to manage & develop the Quality & Continuous Improvement functions to deliver quality improvement & seamless handover of new business from central R&D & Commercial teams in line with our “Perfect Service” & “Sustainable, Profitable Growth” agendas.
Your Principal Accountabilities would be TO:
- Drive CI and Lean culture within the sites to achieve ‘World Class’ status in the whole organisation
- Diagnose key improvement opportunities and set aspirational improvement targets.
- Develop a shared overview of improvement activity across the plant.
- Support area owners in project selection, design & delivery of measurable improvements
- Lead and support CI & Quality workshops
- Lead the implementation of central Operational Excellence transformation projects
- Sustainably embed the Amcor Flexibles Production System (AFPS) including KPIs, standards and process best practices.
- Introduce and apply appropriate tools and methodologies and best practices.
- Drive accelerated implementation of most impactful levers.
- Engage site management and their teams in the transformation effort
- Communicate progress regularly and celebrate success.
- Collaborate pro-actively with the teams across the EMEA business to leverage best practice.
- Provide training around key Continuous Improvement and Quality levers.
- Provide a platform to engage co-workers and contribute towards a culture of continuous improvement.
- Mentor and support all co-workers in up-skilling.
- Assure competence and capability of employees within the CI & QA function.
- Establish quality systems and standards, which enable achievement of regulatory compliance and good manufacturing practices and anticipate the changing needs of customers, regulatory bodies and the business.
- Management representative responsible for the Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Manage quality and technical relationship with suppliers and customers.
- Guide quality and technical activities within the business, to assure the integrity of the product through all stages of manufacture and release.
Major Challenges & Complexities
- Driving a change agenda which is new, as part of a new team, and which comes with high aspirations and expectations.
- Moving the needle fast in an environment where ways of working are established and business performance is regarded as successful.
- Balancing & prioritising local and central Improvement priorities.
- Delivery of monthly reports
WHAT YOU BRING
- Formal Qualifications and Experience
- Specific Skills and Abilities
- Genuine passion for this mission to transform AF Piatra Neamt manufacturing capability.
- Fluent spoken and written English; other languages advantageous.
- Change management.
- Skilled communicator, facilitator and trainer.
- Culturally sensitive.
- Customer orientation.
- Drive and energy.
- Analytical and structured.
- Can simplify complexity.
- Willingness to travel (plant sites and internal and external customers)
If you are looking for a fast-paced and multicultural environment join us now!