The Business Systems Analyst is the liaison between the AGI functional business units and the technology group responsible for the review, analysis and evaluation of existing business systems against customer needs. They are responsible for the effective discovery, documentation, scope definition and validation of customer business needs with project stakeholders.
The Business Systems Analyst must be able to translate the customer business needs into executable application and operational requirements and accurately communicate those needs to the technology team in a manner consistent with AGI’s process and documentation guidelines. They own the requirements process and are responsible for the delivery of all required artifacts throughout the project life cycle. In addition, they lead testing efforts, ensuring that issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner. The Business Systems Analyst must be an effective communicator, possess excellent problem-solving and critical thinking skills, and demonstrate a strong functional knowledge of commonly used-concepts, practices and procedures in business analysis processes and procedures. They must be able to work independently and manage themselves to commitments and deadlines while working under general supervision.
Duties & Responsabilities:
- SQL queries;
- Serves as a liaison between the assigned functional business unit(s) and the technology group;
- Responsible for maintaining a complete understanding of the assigned business domain;
- (Work-flow diagrams, functional and technical requirements of current and proposed software);
- Possesses expertise in one or more features of the assigned business domain, as well as, an understanding of the technology systems and capabilities that support those features;
- Elicit project relevant requirements and business rules using various techniques (interviews, document analysis, use cases, scenarios, business and technical analysis, task and work flow analysis and business process descriptions);
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirement specifications;
- Deliver project artifacts in accordance with standard templates and processes used within the organization (functional requirements, use cases, scenarios and work flows to name a few);
- Responsible for business requirement tracking, validation of work in progress and complete for a project and documentation of post-launch user requirements;
- Collaborates with the web and design engineering teams and subject matter experts to identify and communicate to the business, options for the execution of initiatives, while understanding tradeoffs between usability and performance needs;
- Responsible for providing progress updates to their manager and the assigned project manager;
- Responsible for conducting and leading iteration and requirements review process meetings with the execution team;
- Responsible for the identification, documentation and communication of any operational and technical debt accumulated on a project;
- Leads testing efforts, ensuring that issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner;
- Responsible for the update of project requirements into the requirements repository;
- Manages multiple projects within the assigned functional business unit(s);
- Participates in interviews of full-time and contractor candidates within the business analyst and project management teams.
Nice to have:
- Scripts creation and execution for FUT(functional unit testing) and SIT(Sistem unit testing).
- Bachelors degree in Business or Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- Completed course work or experience in business analysis methodologies.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- 2,6+ years with web or mobile technology applications;
- Business analysis, quality assurance analysis or project management experience;
- Development cycle of an IT product (site or application).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- SQL knowledge;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills;
- Demonstrated skilled in producing business requirements specifications and documentation;
- Demonstrated skill in producing visual modeling (work-flow diagrams, business process flows etc.);
- Familiar with or demonstrated skill with issue tracking or requirements management software;
- Familiar with or demonstrated skill with relational database and client server concepts.
About American Greetings
American Greetings is a creator and manufacturer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships to create Happiness, Laughter and Love.
American Greetings’ major greeting card lines are American Greetings, Carlton Cards, Gibson, Recycled Paper Greetings and Papyrus. We also own large web collections of greetings on the Web.
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, American Greetings has offices worldwide in Canada, UK - Europe, Australia, Asia and generates annual revenue of approximately $ billion.
The Bucharest Office is one of AG’s IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the Data warehouse, System Engineering, SAP, Web & Mobile Development arias.
We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high trainings offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms:
- Oracle, SQL, Informatica, Teradata, ETL, Unix/Shell Scripting, QlikView, Cloudera – Data Warehouse;
- Linux, Microsoft Windows - Active Directory, Exchange, VM-Ware – System Admin;
- Java, Groovy, Selenium, Apium, Geb - QA Automation and much more;
We are in Cotroceni Business Center – close to Politechnica University and AFI.
To know us better, you can visit our website americangreetings(dot)com and our Facebook profile: AmericanGreetingsRO