QA Tester (with Japanese)
Responded to 90% of applications in the past 30 days, typically in 3 days
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
* all languages are compulsory
MindGeek is the largest, privately held company in our industry developing unparalleled technologies for high traffic, high volume online properties. Our exceptional team consist of experts in every functional area of business and they are the key to our position as leaders in content delivery. We strive to innovate on a daily basis to ensure we continue to grow and create new revenue opportunities and cutting edge technology. If you are passionate about taking your career to the next level, then join the MindGeek team and be a part of something big.
As a QA tester for Japanese language, you will represent a key link meant to bridge the gap between our internal services teams and external Japanese collaborators. This means that you will be responsible for the creation and execution of test-cases based on JP industry and platform specific standards, ensure a constant flow of communication and actively interact with users via ticketing systems.
Main Attributions and responsibilities:
- Create project plans for testing and any other documents according to the technical and functional specifications
- Constant and close communication with the development team and project manager
- Report the project’s overall status to the production team
- Keep a constant communication channel open and link information between platform, QA, Producers, etc
- Act as a connecting bridge for all aspects related to work inside the team
- Keep track of all the issues submitted by the test team
- Identify weakness, correct those weaknesses and continually improve the process
- At least one year prior experience in Quality Assurance or related fields
- Excellent use of the English language, both oral and written
- Good Japanese language skills required (preferably N3-level or higher)
- Proven judgement to evaluate the importance and impact of issues
- Ability to identify the root cause of an issue based on user interaction
- Experience with Jira or other bug tracking tools
- Ability to write relevant test cases that cover feature functionality
- Ability and patience to perform detailed testing
- Have a clear understanding of technical functionalities and how interactions between different elements of an application can contribute to the final experience
- Objectivity and the ability to take important decisions in a short period of time
- Good analytical skills
- Good knowledge of the MS suite
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience in the gaming industry is a plus
- Knowledge of Japanese gaming terms is a plus
Don’t be shy, apply. But only if you’re up for the challenge of a lifetime!
- What are you 3 favorite games?
- What is the most annoying problem you encountered while playing a game?
- What is your favorite genre when it comes to games?