QA Engineer – Intermediate to Senior
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
Gross salary / month
1400 - 2000
We are looking for a QA engineer to work on our projects for our customer Avalara.
You will be involved in testing an international e-commerce platform for a large US-based company. You will have to understand the system, create test plans, develop and execute test cases, identify problems, discuss possible solutions, provide time estimates. This position will expose you to daily challenges and allow you to participate in building enterprise-grade applications.
- Minimum 3 years in a QA position (Must have)
- Understand the software development lifecycle (design, coding, testing, documentation, technical support)
- Good verbal and written communication skills (Must Have)
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and flexibility to work collaboratively with others in a dynamic environment (Must Have)
- Experience with complex e-commerce solutions (Nice to Have)
- Strong QA skills: planning, exploratory testing, defect reporting and troubleshooting (Must have)
- Experience with scalability and performance testing (Must have)
- Relational Databases and SQL (mySQL) (Must Have)
- Experience working on and testing RESTful web services written in Java (Must Have)
- Experience with distributed collaboration tools such as Git, JIRA, and wikis (Must Have)
- Good experience with the Windows and Linux platforms (OS configuration and software packages like firewalls, VPN, ftp clients etc.) (Must have)
- Experience with managing a deployment infrastructure in Amazon Web Services (AWS) (Nice to have)
Avalara () helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, duty, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use.