Remote job (the activity is performed from home)
* all languages are compulsory
Quality Engineering Specialist
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and overorganisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
About the position:
We are extending our Quality Engineering team for the Workspace Platform, which sits at the heart of the Access technology ecosystem. Usage is rapidly growing, and we are transforming our testing capabilities to enable and accelerate that growth.
You will be working alongside our Development Squads and Operations Teams, moving current solutions into Azure. You will be involved in technology choices and their implementation for our maturing CI/CD pipeline. You will be overseeing the evolution of our test framework.
- You are collaborative, pragmatic, positive, competitive, assertive, commercially aware and driven to continuous learning/improvement.
- You demonstrate great communication skills and are able to communicate with, and advise a diverse stakeholder audience, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, Quality approach and strategic objectives.
- You lead by example and demonstrate natural coaching/mentoring skills.
- You show a great understanding of best practice, including: Benefits of Quality Engineering, objectives, defect cost, testing principles, software development models, testing levels and types.
- You are a technical person with knowledge of automation frameworks, performance, load and security testing.
- You are able to report risks and observations and logically prioritise future testing areas.
About the role:
- As the Quality Engineering Specialist, you will oversee the testing strategy for multiple squads. Key focuses include:
- Being a consultancy point helping engineers to design and develop automation scripts for our core platform.
- Championing a Quality-first approach within the teams; building great relationships with developers, POs, and Management; and spearheading QE initiatives within the division.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Act as a consultancy point for Quality Engineers.
- Advocate QE best practice and lead initiatives to improve test processes, extend tooling and framework usage and support the development of test team members.
- Oversee the implementation of a QE Strategy focussed on delivering maximum value.
- Collaborate with DevOps and Software Engineers to embed automation suites into a maturing CI/CD pipeline.
- Identify areas of need, and drive initiatives to improve and measure areas such as: test design, planning and estimations, defect management, liaison with stakeholders, environment management, release process, automation, test tools, reporting, testware management.
- Advise, coach, and collaborate with both team and stakeholders on the QE approach the wider team should take, to deliver quality deliverables.
- Act as a key member of the core platform management team.
- Follow a risk-based approach, make risk-based recommendations, and identify, assess, and escalate quality risks.
- Contribute to developing test processes and improvements.
As a well-rounded Quality Engineering Specialist, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Leading small engineering teams delivering automation capability, or acting as tech lead delivering automation within a team
- Experience of creating automation packs; Solid understanding of structuring automation to achieve robust, efficient, and scalable test suites, including the automation infrastructure required (page object model design pattern).
- Knowledges of .NET programming languages
- Experience of E2E UI web automation using native Selenium WebDriver or other equivalent technology
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, Agile environment
- Experience of working with SaaS or Web-based products
- Non-functional testing (performance/load/soak/penetratio
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience designing and developing of test processes and improvements
- ISTQB/ISEB Foundation/Advanced/Agile Certifications
- Understanding of CI/CD principles and toolsets
Become part of our amazing Access family!