Purchasing Expert for Materials and Components
Middle (2-5 years)
Employment type: Full-time
Job category: Purchasing
Job industry: Automotive
Experience level: Mid-Senior Level
- Strategic purchasing for the assigned material field and regions – Source to Contract;
- International market research and communication with a global supplier base;
- Price comparisons and benchmarks realization to identify cost saving potentials;
- Price negotiations using various negotiation methods.
- Negotiation of purchasing agreements for quality, logistics and commercial topics;
Material field strategy:
- Support implementing the global material field strategy for the relevant commodities in alignment with the global commodity team.
Supplier relationship management:
- Supplier assessment and supply chain risk management including on-site evaluation of suppliers;
- Supplier quality monitoring.
Internal business partner management (. logistics, engineering, quality).
- Bachelor degree in relevant field;
- Experience in purchasing (at least 3 years, preferably in production material);
- Data Analysis - proficiency in Microsoft Office, SAP MM and able to work in a digital environment;
- Proficiently written and spoken English (German language is an advantage);
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Effective communication in a dynamic work environment;
- Good cross-functional coordination, effective interface management;
- Self-organization, analytic skills, problem solving skills;
- Distinctive intercultural competence;
- Ability to share knowledge with other team members;
- Willingness to travel.