GOPA Research and Services is a member of the GOPA Group which is one of the leading European consulting groups in the area of international technical cooperation with developing and emerging countries. As an independent private service provider, we have been implementing consultancy projects for national and international contracting entities, GIZ, KfW, the EU and the World Bank, as well as private customers. Our consulting services cover the fields of governance and economic development, education, statistics, rural development, environment, health and energy
Our department Rural Development and Environment is now looking to recruit a Finance and Contract Manager to work alongside the Finance Unit located at headquarters in Germany. As Finance and Contract Manager, you are responsible for the entire commercial project development from the preparation of the financial offer to the final invoice. In doing so, you will be at the disposal of the experts in the project as a contact and will advise our internal project managers on all commercial questions.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
• University or technical college degree in business administration or economics;
• 3-5 years of professional experience in the commercial management of service contracts and financial project management;
• Very good knowledge of MS Office programs (Excel, Word);
• First experience in the use of accounting software / ERP systems;
• Full proficiency in English, Spanish and German;
• Independent, careful and structured work;
• Excellent service and customer orientation;
• Highly communicative and social competence.
• Independent performance of all financial tasks for the assigned projects and framework contracts (FWC) in collaboration with the project managers in HQ;
• Preparation of financial proposals in the acquisition phase;
• Participation in the drafting of contracts with clients, partners and subcontractors, and, where necessary, assistance in negotiations;
• Creation of contracts with the seconded experts and the project staff;
• Continuous financial monitoring of the projects supported;
• Proper accounting of the projects being supervised;
• Contact person for experts and project personnel in questions relevant to the contract and accounting;
• Comprehensive management of projects during implementation;
• A developed sense of responsibility and commitment;
• Demonstrable strength to work reliably and accurately;
• Capacity for teamwork in an international environment;
• Ability to keep track of your tasks even under high work load and to meet tight deadlines.