This position requires an experienced project manager that excels in Agile Software Development Models. The Agile Project Manager works to develop, refine, and manage multiple complex initiatives to ensure on time and on budget delivery of projects. Provides work direction and leadership to project team members and is responsible for the quality delivery of all phases of the project life cycle. The Agile Project Manager is actively involved in the creation and execution of the plan, ensures adherence to budgets, establishes relationship at all levels, successfully leads project teams to develop and implement solutions striving to exceed business expectations.
Duties & Responsabilities:
- Successful adoption and execution against a structured methodology to develop and manage detailed project work plans in order to keep projects on schedule and on budget;
- Maximizing the utilization and effectiveness of resources in a matrixed environment while sharing resources and balancing priorities with other project managers;
- Repeatily demostrates the ability to manage the project budget, schedule, scope, quality, and risk to deliver according to business requirements;
- Providing direct oversight and primary guidance to bring technical teams to consensus and alignment on desired solution;
- Supporting Directors responsible to the business or functional area to ensure alignment with large scale strategic plans;
- Analyzing project performance to proactively implement corrective actions when necessary;
- Actively managing project work plans of increasing complexity and resolving project issues, providing proactive direction on prioritization for team members;
- Monitoring and reporting progress throughout the lifecycle of the project, including progress reports to members of senior leadership and their teams;
- Providing proactive project communications to project stakeholders within IT and the business including the esclation when necessary;
- Ensuring system implementations are conducted with minimal impacts to end-users and all required support activities have been accomplished prior to turning over to production;
- Understands program/project roadmap and key milestones regarding criticality, downstream impact if dates are missed and determines alternative/mitigating actions;
- Manages the assignment and execution of tasks for both internal and external resources;
- Expected to manage a mix of medium to large sized projects concurrently totaling more than 2,500 hours per month;
- Manages project team of more than 10 members;
- Follows and manages changes in scope, timeline and budget with appropriate change mananagement;
- Manages the entire lifecycle of 3rd party services agreements including the contract development, resource management and delivery of deliverables;
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and execute large scale multi-year project portfolios that enable the attainment of long-term business strategies;
- Identifies opportunities for continous improvement in divisional methodologies and reporting for IT projects;
- Demonstrates the ability to mentor and guide less senior project managers;
- Displays the ablity to manage and deliver projects while using agile methodologies;
- Assists in leading team members in the adoption of agile project delivery;
- Demonstrates proficency with the ability to deliver projects covering four or more technology stacks (Mainframe Legacy, Custom 2-Tier/3-Tier, 3rd Party packages, SAP, Business Intelligence, Infrastructure);
- Demonstates abilty to effectively deliver projects where initial business outcomes are found to be unclear;
- Demonstrates proficencies in the ability to manage through conflict, champion change, promote a positive working environment while re-enforcing the values of teamwork and collaboration;
- Expected to be a critical thinker while also demonstrating the ability to effectively prioritize work efforts for both themselves and the project team members;
- This position is expected to display effective written and verbal communications skills appropriate for their audience including business team members, technical team members and senior leadership;
- Partner with product owners to manage expectations, assist with stakeholder communications and maintain appropriate goverance processes that meet or exceed business expectations.
- Bachelor's degree in a business or IT discipline, which could include Computer Science or Business Management.
Required Length & Type of Experience:
- 5-7 years as an IT project manager delivering complex solutions in a large, global organization governed with Agile methodologies;
- Minimum of 5 years as an IT project manager implementing systems and managing highly-technical teams consisting of internal resources and 3rd party consultants across multiple technology stacks such as SAP, custom solutions and COTS;
- Hands-on working experice with agile delivery toolsets such as JIRA;
- Must demonstrate the ability to lead a project team through organizating and creating user stories;
- Solid experience leading large-scale implementation projects with a focus on technical coordination, including business and technology solutions;
- 5 years experience in full project life cycle and fundamental understanding of custom development and package implementations;
- 5 years experience in full project life cycle and fundamental understanding of infrastructure design, planning and development and deployment;
- PMP Certification or equivalent is preferred;
- Track record of leading and mentoring an existing team from waterfall to agile methodologies;
- Experienced with cloud technologies including AWS and/or Azure.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate expertise in creating Work Break Down Structures, Risk Management techniques, Cost Estimating and other concepts associated with project management methodologies;
- Knowledge of a Project Management tools including MS Project and NIKU (CA Clarity);
- SAP implementation experience is preferred.
About American Greetings
American Greetings is a creator and manufacturer of innovative social expression products that assist consumers in enhancing their relationships to create Happiness, Laughter and Love.
American Greetings’ major greeting card lines are American Greetings, Carlton Cards, Gibson, Recycled Paper Greetings and Papyrus. We also own large web collections of greetings on the Web ,
Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, American Greetings has offices worldwide in Canada, UK - Europe, Australia, Asia and generates annual revenue of approximately $ billion.
The Bucharest Office is one of AG’s IT Centers that offers support for the Corporation Teams in the SAP, Data warehouse, System Engineering, QA Automation Engineering, Web & Mobile Development.
We are a young, ambitious and dynamic team, growing together with the company through high trainings offered by our specialists in a variety of technologies across all platforms:
- DWH: Oracle, SQL, Informatica, Teradata, ETL, Unix/Shell Scripting, QlikView, Cloudera – Data Warehouse;
- Infrastructure: Linux, Microsoft Windows - Active Directory, Exchange, VM-Ware – System Admin;
- Software testing: Java, Groovy, Selenium, Apium, Geb - QA Automation and much more.
- SAP: Web-Dynpro ABAP, as IDOC, PI, Web-service, Proxy, OData, EDI/ALE/IDOCs, RFC, BAPI's.
Join US, and you’ll discover a place where work becomes fun! We are in Cotroceni Business Center – close to Politechnica University and AFI.
To know us better, you can visit our website americangreetings(dot)com and our Facebook profile: AmericanGreetingsRO