Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - Medium
, Romanian - Medium
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
Reporting Manager: Country Director
Office: Bucharest, Romania
Date: September, 2020
The Project Manager is charged with managing and implementing a project funded by the Office to Monitor and Combat Trafficking in Persons (J/TIP) of the US Department of State, achieving the various objectives in support of the larger goal of combatting human trafficking across Romania and the region. This position will manage and develop internal and external relationships with government actors, grantors, Embassies, and prepare timely submissions of reports, monitoring implementation progress, data collection and ensuring that teams meet grant objectives and budget requirements including from start-up to closeout in accordance with donor requirements and IJM policies. He/she will collaborate and work with M&E and program staff, accountants, the IJM casework team, and partner organizations. The Project Manager will regularly collaborate and communicate with M&E and finance staff in order to ensure successful implementation and will serve as the point of contact internally and externally for grant management.
- Create, manage and revise a detailed grant implementation plan.
- Manage detailed implementation of the grant-funded project, including compliance with all grantor regulations and IJM policies.
- Organize and lead quarterly project review meetings and presentations.
- Provide regular input, critical analysis, and feedback to the Director of Eastern and Central Europe, as well as a sr. program manager for Africa and Europe on strategic and tactical considerations covering all aspects of project implementation.
- Work with field office and regional leaders to develop and review appropriate implementation strategies.
- Collaborate with M&E personnel to ensure timely and accurate data collection and reporting throughout the project, using data to inform analysis of project health and status.
- Draft technical quarterly reports for the donor. Collaborate with the sr. program manager to finalize reports for timely submission.
- Review monthly pipeline reports with sr. program manager and ensure FO team uses them for decision-making.
- Manage communication of all grant reporting processes, procedures, and updates (in consultation with the leadership team and finance personnel assigned to the grants.
- Document and report information required for program analysis, research, learning and M&E.
- Communicate lessons learned and success stories during grant implementation to internal stakeholders and partner organizations.
- Equip the sr. program manager to effectively manage relationships, and assist with guiding field teams to meet the requests of the donor in a timely manner
- Liaise with the Sr. program manager, Global Grants Team, and relevant finance staff to ensure all grant staff are effectively trained on grant management.
- Serves as organizational POC for any potential subgrantees which may include reviewing program reports, conducting monitoring visits, etc.
Education & Experience:
- Degree in international development, project management, human rights, public policy, public administration, or related field preferred (or additional experience).
- At least 3 years’ experience in successful project and program management of complex development programs, including grant acquisition and management.
- Experience working effectively cross-culturally and across multiple time zones.
- Knowledge of standards relating to program design, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated success in working on projects and budgets.
- Experience managing partnerships and subgrants (preferred)
- Strategic, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use tools for monitoring and evaluation and data analysis
- Organized and able to work in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work under pressure and strict deadlines
- Passionate commitment to IJM’s mission and values including bridge building and professional.
- Servant leader, humble.
- Courageous, ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Attention to detail, organized and disciplined with priorities.
- Professional in demeanor, appearance, writing and oral communication.
- Works well under stress with a sustained positive attitude.
- Exceptionally high level of honesty and integrity.
- Intelligent, creative and proactive problem solver.
- Diplomatic and flexible with strong service ethics.
- Ability to contribute outside of the designated areas of responsibility, team player.
- Full-time, willingness to work 40+ hours per week
- Ability to travel within Romania and Europe, up to 30% of the time
- Driver’s license (Romania and/or international)
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities for the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All positions are required to perform any additional tasks assigned by the supervisor. Please submit a CV or resume and cover letter to . Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with skills and experience.