No experience, Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years)
This job can be done remotely
Gross approximate salary / month in euro
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the delivery of translation projects for direct small business clients. This role is responsible for overseeing and executing all language service tasks to ensure each project is delivered on time, within budget, and standards at the required quality level. The PM is responsible for collaborating with clients and their team members, sales teams, production, and technology teams during the planning and execution phases of each project.
The ideal candidate will be someone with a positive attitude, excellent verbal and written communication, who is highly organized and has outstanding attention to detail. The ideal leader should be a self-starter, motivated, eager to learn and grow in an emerging organization, and someone who works well managing multiple tasks simultaneously and strengthening relationships.
The project manager is responsible for project success, as defined by the budget and cost management, on‐time delivery, and quality of the project deliverables. Client retention and satisfaction are key performance indicators in this role. This requires someone that understands how to support projects and programs with multiple buyers and opportunities to extend value and services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage projects maintaining responsibility for the planning, execution, tracking, delivery, and closure of such projects, using our standard processes and tools. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Creating and managing project schedules for translation, proofreading, quality assurance, and delivery to the client.
- Establishing strong relationships with both internal and external supply resources.
- Managing project budget
- Ensuring all finance systems data is accurate and kept up to date
- Researching client quality complaints and mediating between linguists and clients to reach a satisfactory resolution
- Creating and managing project quotes to ensure that budgetary constraints are adhered to and that profit margins are achieved and maintained.
- Providing a regular status to client and operations management on project progress
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with customer contacts at the project level, with measurable success in customer ratings.
- Working with the supply and delivery teams in the continuous improvement of project delivery and profitability.
- Contributing to the sales cycle as needed with assistance with the development of business proposals, SOW’s, quotes, and provisions of time and costs.
- Manage project execution between geographically dispersed account, production, and technology teams across different time zones and cultures
- Provide internal and client‐facing status reports on project performance data, including TAT, costs, quality, challenges, and opportunities for growth
- Assist in building overall plans and budgets for clients while maintaining net margin targets
- Support training and adoption of technologies for internal and client teams
- Manage existing client relationships and participate in onboarding new relationships
- Assist in new business development (meeting presentations and RFP responses)
- Profitability of projects as identified by budgets and project profitability margins
- Client satisfaction levels assessed by feedback
- Numbers and levels of quality issues
- Delivery on-time projects (TAT)
- Account expansion and growth
- At least 3 years in a corporate environment.
- At least 2 years in project management and direct customer position.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Productive – fast typing, reading, & comprehension
- Prior experience in multitasking and working in rapid environments
- Ability to prioritize work under tight deadlines
- Ability to generate and maintain budgets and schedules
- Ability to define project logistics, resources, and production processes
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills (video, phone, written)
- Customer-centric and background of helping people succeed
- Independent, self‐motivated, results‐oriented, and dynamic
- Positive attitude, outlook, and approach to problem-solving
- Comfortable working in fast-paced environments and constantly shifting gears
- Proficiency in MS Office products