Middle (2-5 years)
Gross salary / month
2000 - 3000
- Bachelor’s Degree in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering, with a Master’s degree in Business Administration;
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience within a shipyard, a ship design company or a heavy industrial manufacturing company;
- A minimum of 3 years project management experience in coordination of people teams in international environment ship building / design projects;
- A minimum 5 years’ experience with an ISO 9001 registered company;
- Solid understanding of project management philosophy;
- Solid understanding of labour cost control;
- Solid understanding of scheduling and labour estimating;
- Sound knowledge of computer scheduling software Microsoft Project or Primavera;
- Computer literacy in Word, Excel, Power Point;
- Fluency in English, both in speaking and writing;
- Good communicator and motivator;
- Good time management skills;
Role & Responsibilities Outline:
The Project Manager (PM) is the GLO Marine representative, responsible for:
actively managing, controlling the execution and evolution of the project and its associated processes and products;
delivering the contracted product or service to the GLO Marine Customer within the contracted constraints;
executing all project related processes, throughout all its phases of initializing, planning, executing, monitoring and control, and closing, with the aim of delivering to the Customer the contracted product or service within the contractual constraints of scope, timeframe, budget, Job requirement has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work expected to be performed by employees within this position. The actual qualifications, duties, responsibilities, activities and deliverables may vary based on assignment or project and are not limited to those listed.
Coordinates, supervises the execution of or performs the scope breakdown at various levels and activity definition;
- Controls scope changes
- Identify all project related requirements (including legal, classification bodies, etc) and input data, and supervises that the team obtains them in due time and at the quality required;
- Performs weekly and monthly reporting on scope status and variations;
- Coordinates, supervises the execution of or performs the budget baseline by reviewing the bid budget and all contractual conditions and contractual scope of work;
- Coordinates, supervises the execution of or draws the project schedule baseline;
- Performs weekly and monthly reporting on project schedule and cost status, and variations;
- Performs weekly project status review and issues recommendations for project control in line with project contract and company’s strategy;
- Maintains a consolidated project status report to project cost, schedule and scope status vs. planned schedule, budgets and contractual scope,
- Supervises all document control activities including entrance of documentation from the customer, release of documentation to the customer, internal distribution of drawings & specifications, documentation relevant to regulatory bodies, etc;
- Coordinates and supervises the quality checking plan;
- Inputs weekly updated financial data for project revenue, cost; analyse gross margin based on the current trend of the project; identify adequate contractual actions to keep the project within the initial targets;
- Develops of weekly EAC forecasts and cost schedule performance projections;
GLO MARINE are a group of companies that provide a comprehensive range of services: design, engineering and project management to the maritime and oil & gas industries. We offer smart, customized solutions that cover the full engineering and design cycles for all types of marine and offshore vessels.
Smart engineering solutions – a powerful combination of skill, innovation, flexibility and close interaction with the client means we can deliver high quality services, in very efficient parameters.
Our clients benefit from a very skilled team, with experience working in private consultancy companies but also in important international shipyards. We are dedicated to offering that extra 10% to our clients, so when we agree for 100%, you always receive 110%.
We are always looking for new team members that share our values. If you think you are one of them, tell us what your professional drive is.