As a Professional HMI Software Developer, you will design and develop software for top-of-the-range next generation products, including user interfaces, in an international environment, taking into account customer requirements, coming up with flexible designs, yet keeping your implementation robust and stable.
Development оf software for user interfaces and appliances:
· Analysis оf customer requirements (may be related to extending existing legacy code);
· Modelling оf efficient data structures and program concepts that fulfil the requirements;
· Modelling оf test cases to assure compliance with requirements and required standards;
· Description оf sub-components with appropriate software tools (. in a modelling language like UML/SysML);
· Generation оf work packages for implementation оf the program models;
· Implementation оf program and/or test code according to the required standards (internal coding guidelines, GUI guidelines, etc.) as described in the work package;
· Review оf program and test code, as well as documentation;
· Validating technical specifications as to their completeness and ability to be implemented;
· Providing support to peers and junior level team members;
· Error finding and fixing in existing software, using computer simulations as well as on-target-debugging.
· Integration оf own and team code, using designated software tools (software configuration management);
· Creating a releasable software package, including documentation;
· Ensuring that deliverables meet quality goals, as well as time and budget constraints
· Maintaining a close working relationship with software engineers and architects at Miele Electronic in Germany
· Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Electronic/Electrical Engineering or a related field
· Strong proficiency in C/C++, as well as in scripting languages like Python and Perl;
· 3-5 years оf professional experience with development related tools and practices (configuration management, debugging and refactoring оf legacy code, software lifecycle, V-model, agile methods, review techniques, continuous integration and delivery, etc.);
· Some knowledge оf system design and requirements analysis methodologies;
· Knowledge оf frameworks for GUIs;
· Familiarity with model based systems engineering and modelling languages like UML, SysML or similar;
· Familiarity with the concepts and principles оf object-oriented programming;
· Positive attitude to be working in team in an international environment, with a self-starter attitude and eagerness to tackle unknowns;
· An interest in keeping up with current and upcoming developments and technologies in the field оf software engineering;
· Knowledge оf microcontroller technology and electronic components will be a plus;
· Proven track record оf delivering projects on time and to specification.
· English language (at least CEFR level B2);
· Willingness to go on business travel to the German HQ and relating plants from time to time.
If you are looking for a long-term career and want to join a best in class career where your talents are appreciated, then we would love you to join our team!