Manager / Senior Manager, HSGBU Product Support
Position Title:Manager, Product Support
Reporting to:Director, Product Support
Summary of Position:
The Oracle Health Sciences Global Business Unit (HSGBU) is a specialized business unit focused solely on the software and service requirements of the Health Sciences industry. By delivering software solutions aimed at adding value to Healthcare and life science organizations, the HSGBU has the unique and exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of enabling better patient outcomes within the clinical industry.
This role would entail managing a team of technical support analysts with assignments ranging from simple to complex in nature where judgment may be required in problem resolution and customer guidance. The team is mid-level technical support for Life Sciences Cloud applications used predominantly for clinical studies. The team would be responsible for supporting end-users via phone and support tickets. The team themselves are responsible for upholding and exhibiting Oracle’s standards of world-class customer support while providing advice and assistance within our standard operating procedures as well as regulatory and industry standards. Our mission in HSGBU Support is to dynamically adapt to customer needs around the clock to ensure on-going customer success and patient safety. The manager would be exemplifying this at all times
Selection will be based on solving real time business situations, interviews, individuals' past experiences, and proven ability, contributions to the team and adaptability to the new role.
The successful candidate must balance her or his product knowledge and skills with a high level of customer service objectives in all stages of work.
•Mid-level technical support for functionality questions, errors and Cloud unavailability; performance and technical issues (team does not handle non-technical issues)
•Restore service/functionality to the user with target of resolving circa 50% of technical issues; keep knowledge articles updated
•Receive, acknowledge & prioritize issues reported from customers via support requests and phone calls
•Triage role to route issues through to second-level technical support and Cloud hosting teams; act as a liaison between groups
•Handle communication re maintenance to customers from Cloud hosting teams
Education and Experience Required:
- Essential > 5 years of experience in a technical support environment
- Essential > 2 years of experience managing a team in a technical support environment
- Essential - Customer Service Skills & Excellent Communication, both written and verbal
- Essential - Organizational skills and excellent timekeeping
- Highly desired - Common IT applications and common hardware knowledge
- Highly desired - ITIL Certification and SQL query knowledge
- Desired – IT related degree (Bachelors in Computer Science engineeringor equivalent with relevant experience)
- Highly self-motivated and customer-focused, with a pro-active and responsive approach
- Able to multi-task in a fast paced environment and within strict deadlines and regulations
- Able to influence and build rapport with colleagues and customers, locally and worldwide
- Able to work independently as well as part of a cross-functional team
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Desired - knowledge on InForm product suite and hosting setup would help.
- Experience in working with different internal and external stakeholders
- Escalations management
- Experience in initiating new processes and procedures to stabilize the support operations for new products, customers and processes
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in a customer facing environment involving multiple internal and external stakeholders and enable the team to manage such issues
- Understanding of Operational metrics ( CSAT, Productivity, Closures, Avg resolution time, Attrition etc, Availability time)
- Planning and organizing activities like training, mentoring, coaching etc
- People management skills for both customers and internal teams
- Translates plans into specific and measurable goals for self and others. Regularly measures and monitors progress and results by using defined metrics. Provides adequate resources to achieve plans, justifying additional resources as required.
- Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet business needs.
- Displays self-confidence, authority, enthusiasm, and an ability to stimulate and motivate others. Makes sure that team members understand how their work activities support team goals, vision, and strategies. Leads by example and delegates appropriately.
- Establishing team processes, values & practices
- Anticipates change and its impact on others. Manages the change process by identifying barriers and obstacles to change, and by ensuring that these are overcome.
- Expresses and articulates key elements of ideas or concepts (both written and verbal) in a logical, descriptive, and comprehensible manner. Anticipates reactions and responds appropriately. Probes and listens for information from others, without interrupting or judging, in order to understand underlying issues.
- Identifies others' needs and personal styles and links own views or position to those interests, desires, or goals to actively influence outcomes. Generates creative solutions in such a way that others choose to change their perceptions.
- Developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and quality system documentation.
- Excellent telephone and e-mail etiquette is essential.
- Good skills in Excel & PowerPoint will be added advantage
Ultimately, this is a mid-level support team management role for SaaS products providing technical assistance for how-to questions ranging from simple to complex in nature where judgment may be required in problem resolution and customer guidance.