Product Software Engineer (junior / mid)
Entry (0-2 years)
English - Medium
Wolters Kluwer Financial Services is a well-established player in the RegTech space, developing technology solutions used by financial institutions across Europe to do their regulatory filings.
You will be responsible for the development, maintenance and support of our regulatory risk reporting applications.
You will work in a distributed cross-functional Agile/Scrum development team.
Your tasks and responsibilities include:
- Develop new functionality and maintain/improve existing features
- Design and develop high quality, high performance and secure software applications
- Develop applications with a creative and technical mind
- Leverage the functionality and capabilities provided by the solution and focus on delivering business value to the customers
- Analyse product requirements and design solutions according to company standards and techniques
- Contribute to estimating development efforts
- Participate in peer code reviews (using tooling), customer support
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience with scripting languages like VB Script, etc.
- Experience with programming languages like VB, C/C++, Java, etc.
- PL/SQL knowledge
- Relational databases working experience (Oracle and/or MS SQL)
- Basic knowledge on finance/banking or strong interest to acquire it on the job
- Experience with Subversion (SVN), Jira, Team City, Maven and environment configuration will be a plus
Essential Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Informatics Economics, Applied Informatics or a related field
- Responsible, well organized and self-motivated
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Good written and spoken English
- Ability to integrate and work in a multicultural team and in a fast-paced development and delivery organization
- Problem solving skills and the ability to learn quickly
- Commitment to a long-term employment