Product QA/QC Test Engineer
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
You will be a member of the team responsible for the QC/QA of forthcoming 3D Simulation products based on NX CAE platform. The products encompass several attributes including Acoustics and Vibration, Structural Analysis, Multi-body Simulation and more. The current position focuses more specifically to the unified assembly modelling for FE.
The primary tasks are:
• Review Requirements and Functional specifications, and provide input . testability. Design and create new project test plans to qualify the contents of project requirements and functional specifications. Design test cases (both for manual and automated execution) as listed in the project test plan.
• Validate/ensure the quality of the software by executing the test cases for the new projects, executing regression tests, reporting bugs where needed, and writing test reports.
• Improve test specifications by analyzing the root causes of technical issues, and develop testing solutions for those root causes. Create and apply new approaches as necessary to improve the productivity and efficiency of testing.
• Acquire (internal & external) customer inputs for project testing purposes. Expand test coverage by incorporating their models and scenarios.
• Develop testing methodologies and become a technical expert.
Qualifications & Experience:
• Bachelor or Master Engineering Degree or equivalent by experience (mechanical, aerospace, electrical, computer)
• From education or previous job(s): 2 years of hands-on industrial experience with CAE software tools, especially with a commercial Pre-and Post-Processor Environment for one of the main FEA solvers (Nastran, Ansys, Abaqus, …).
• Experience with software testing is a strong plus (tools and/or processes).
Specific technical competencies:
• Knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system, software development environment and tools, additional Linux knowledge is advantageous.
• Experience with CAD packages (. CATIA, NX) is an asset.
• Knowledge of a programming language for automation of tests (Java, .Net, VB) is an advantage.
• Strong ability to understand simulation models of complex mechanical systems.
Specific personal competencies:
• Attention to detail, accurate and methodical.
• Result oriented team player that has the ability to work independently.
• Works with minimal supervision on complex projects with latitude for independent judgment.
• Ability to work in a virtual and international team.
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly and effectively.