Product Owner for Software Development Projects
Middle (2-5 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Miele Tehnica is a subsidiary of Miele & Cie. KG, Germany. We produce electronic components for a wide range of Miele appliances, such as washing machines, tumble dryers, vacuum cleaners, ovens and others. The products Miele offers to its customers set the standards for durability, performance, ease of use, energy efficiency, design and service.
To develop software in an agile environment, we are recruiting for a Product Owner position at our software development division in Brașov. As Product Owner, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the realisation of appliances by transforming the product vision into real products. This involves gaining a clear understanding of the stakeholders’ desires and requirements for the product, negotiation with other product owners and the enthusiastic communication with the development team to convey the product vision. A major responsibility is managing the Product Backlog, ensuring that the items that bring the most value for the product are prioritised.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Clarification of customer requirements at high level, having a holistic understanding of the product and its context and environment;
- Keeping stakeholders updated regularly on development progress;
- Negotiating feature priorities with stakeholders;
- Ensuring product delivery within the available resources;
- Translation of high level requirements into User Stories, in-depth explanation of User Stories to the team;
- Motivation and inspiration of the development team, communication of the product vision;
- Close cooperation with the technical team leads and scrum masters to resolve dependencies and remove impediments.
The ideal candidate:
- Possesses good facilitation and negotiation skills, dealing with internal as well as external stakeholders;
- Is a very good communicator and presenter for technical as well as non-technical audiences;
- Thinks in solutions and is driven by results;
- Is professionally experienced with project and people management;
- Is experienced in organising and prioritising meet product development goals;
- Has high level of standards of integrity and sense of fairness;
- Some technical understanding to decompose customer requirements is beneficial;
- Ability and willingness to maintain a close working relationship with software team leaders at Miele Electronic in Germany;
- Is available for business travel for workshops and/or meetings required from time to time.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Business Engineering, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Project Management, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 5+ years of professional experience managing and delivering projects;
- 3+ years of people management/leadership experience;
- Proven track record of delivering projects on time and to specification, comfortable with handling budgets and keeping track of deliverables;
- Business acumen, vision, strategic thinking.
Knowledge and skills:
- Ability to get familiarised quickly with new technologies with minimal external input;
- English language (at least CEFR level B2);
- Pro-active solution seeker – resolving issues before they reach an escalation level;
- Some technical understanding desirable.