Middle (2-5 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Betfair Romania Development is Paddy Power Betfair’s Software Development Centre in Cluj.
We offer career opportunities in Java, Web, Oracle/DW, QA, Linux, Application & Network Security, Business Analysis, Project Management, Product Management, User Experience, Agile and SCRUM, in 3 main project streams: Gaming, Platform Development and Enterprise Data Services. The people in our Technology teams are passionate about creating products that are unrivalled across the industry.
We take pride in having the best people, the best ideas and the best products. So it’s not surprising that we lead in the industry. In fact, we’re the best there is.
If you’ve got the ambition to work on challenging projects and take responsibility from the word go, it’s time we got together.
The eCommerce and International Product Delivery Team (part of the wider Paddy Power Betfair Product Team) is charged with leading the delivery of the underlying platforms, services and product which enables the effective functioning and growth of the Paddy Power Betfair online business. The eCommerce and International team is responsible for Marketing Technology, Product Optimization and Analytics Technology, Customer Conversion and Accounts Platforms, International Product and the underlying services layers which support efficient implementation of these technologies.
The Marketing Technology Product Delivery Team works closely with stakeholders in Marketing to manage the product development and delivery process around evolving their wide stable of products and platforms. These are wide ranging from tagging and tracking suites to full CRM and digital Marketing platforms with many more in-between. The portfolio of Marketing products includes both internally developed systems and products to those supplied by third parties all requiring product and technology resource to develop and manage them.
The Product Owner in the Marketing Technology and Product Delivery Team will work with key stakeholders (mostly Marketing) to: understand their needs, gather functional and technical requirements, write user stories, groom and prepare backlogs, communicate progress. They will have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at great speed. This person will thrive working with Marketing and spending their time delivering enhancements to the Adobe Campaign Manager (crm) platform and launching new Digital Marketing systems in the future, which are built around marketing and customer type data. This role reports to the Marketing Technology and Optimisation Product Delivery Manager.
• Understands product/commercial needs and how these are translated into functional and technical requirements
• Can decipher real needs from solution suggestions and link marketing tech requirements back to how it will ultimately impact the customer.
• Works with Product Delivery Managers to write and analyse requirements documents ensuring that enough detail is supplied to Technology so they can supply initial sprint-level estimates covering the full scope of the project or initiative. The Product Owner will lead these sessions with Delivery Managers and Architects.
• Is accountable for the timely availability and accuracy of requirements for projects, ensuring the engineering teams can develop software as efficiently as possible
• Is responsible for writing user stories with acceptance criteria, grooming and prioritizing backlogs, running show and tells and tracking benefits realization. You will also work with Scrum Masters to produce release plans and communicate out to stakeholders as required.
• Attends all scrum ceremonies
• Works with the Product Design department to ensure implemented features match with their UX wires and visual design. Advises on any functional and technical limitations that may prevent particular use flows being achieved.
• Performs change management through product backlogs as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Consistently communicates with stakeholders and keeps them informed of the status of scope and requirements delivery
• Understands and balances commercial needs against technical requirements and capabilities
• Understands the dependencies between technology components and how they combine to deliver solutions to the business and customers.
• Offers the technical team roadmap visibility and informs them of upcoming projects
• Manages cross-team dependencies working with other Product Owners and technical teams
• Ensures that all solutions meet company-wide, 'hygiene' requirements in terms of non-functional performance, security, compliance, social responsibility.
• Customer focus – You build and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations; Puts the customer at the heart of everything we do
• Decision Quality – You make quality short and long term decisions using various inputs. You incorporate a mix of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement when making decisions
• Drives Results – You drive results and are action oriented in approach. You get stuck in and pursue your objectives with energy and drive
• Communication – You communicate credibly and effectively across a range of channels and audiences
• Resiliency – You are resilient and confident under pressure and maintain a positive attitude despite adversity
• Collaboration – You have a low ego and are a team player. You works cooperatively and partner with others across the organisation to get work done
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Can break down complex problems down to their constituent parts
• Ability to understand back end technical architecture at a high level
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, drive for simplicity and clarity
• Knowledge of techniques for requirements elicitation and specification
• Excellent organizational skills and time management
• Experience with working in Agile/Scrum
• Understanding DWH and Google Analytics data is a plus
• Knowledge in Mobile and Desktop product development desirable
• Exhibit high-energy, drive & evidence of the flexibility required to work in an entrepreneurial & dynamic environment
• Experience working within a Marketing environment with understanding for Marketing platforms and tools desirable. Experience CRM software including push notifications and web message technologies highly desirable.
• Honours degree in a quantitative or technical discipline desirable but not essential