Middle (2-5 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
As part of Global Engineering Center located in Ploiesti, Romania, key duties will include:
- Analyze customers’ requirements and business goals to develop optimum bearing design solutions. Develop substantial process, system, and product knowledge within a product line(s), application type(s), or market segment.
- Provide technical information and expertise to external and internal customers, including Field Sales, Service Engineering, Training, Marketing, and Manufacturing.
- Design per Engineering Workflow Tools NPRs level A, B and C. Understand and make basic improvements to design algorithms. Use and make minor changes to existing design tools.
- Use intermediate CAD software (drafting, modeling, assembly), including finished customer and finished source prints and models, within the product scope.
- Load, new & revised Engineering Systems (FPDM, PTSDB, SAP). Has basic working knowledge of FPDM /PTSDB.
- Check work output and projects within Product Design Pillar having similar or lower complexity compared to current responsibility level.
- Perform routine investigations (in cooperation with Service Engineering and others), collect data, prepare and deliver reports.
- Submit ideas for improvements to standard product lines, tests new design software. Conduct industry or technology research.
- Instructor for Bearing Design technical training classes.
- Supports the Manufacturing Process
- Contribute, support and submit ideas to the concept of Design for Manufacturability.
Candidates for this position should meet the following criteria:
- University degree in mechanical engineering or related.
- Experience (min 3 years) in at least one of these fields: product, application and / or manufacturing engineering.
- Intermediate general understanding of product design related disciplines.
- Knowledge of bearing manufacturing which has been obtained from hands-on experience or involvement with factory personnel and equipment.
- Good English skills – both written and oral.
- Good computer skills & proved experience in working with CAD systems.