Product Controller Gas (Contract Manager)
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years), Executive (>10 years)
English - advanced
ENGIE Romania is hiring a PRODUCT CONTROLLER GAS, with work experience in gas industry.
Product control department ensure the post-trade control processes for the Gas trading activity at ENGIE, by ensuring the alignment between the contractual terms VS the booking and by managing the day to day contract lifecycle (closing, invoicing, counterparties point of contact).
The team members are the single point of contact for the counterparties, the financial department and the FOs for the contract management. The team ensures the alignment between the contractual terms and the booking.
The Product control department is involved in a major transformation project to automate the controls and the Front Office to Back Office chain. Team members need to interact with IT teams, provide guidance, test and validate the IT deliveries.
Main activities for the job:
- Manage several contracts related to gas sourcing activity / gas transport capacity or storage (invoicing / closing) : As single point of contact, you will need to have a perfect understanding of your contracts, identify the right booking schema, identify the impacts on the accounting chain and inform the relevant stakeholders;
- Daily validation of the deals booked which are related to your contracts perimeter;
- Frequent analysis of the contract data (mid-price, volumes, delivery points, etc.);
- Ensure the application of the contractual terms (volume, price, etc.), including optional terms which can be complex like take or pay, force majeure and follow the contract evolution;
- Manage the disputes with the counterparties with the contribution of the internal stakeholders (FO, Finance);
- Support the FO, Sales, Tax/Legal on the origination, renegotiation process;
- Produce figures analysis when needed (Audit, Internal control, Regulatory request);
- Produce and follow relevant KPIs and dashboards related to your contracts’ perimeter (payment, deal validation) and propose actions/solutions when issues are detected;
- Interact with IT teams, provide guidance, test and validate the IT deliveries.
Education and professional background:
- Bachelor's degree;
- Good understanding of the front to back value chain and the accounting principles in a market finance environment;
- Previous experience in Back Office/contract management, ideally in the energy sector;
- Ability to extract and analyze high volumes of data by using IT tools;
- Ability to optimize the processes and interact with IT teams to propose system evolutions.
- High level of comfort with the digital tools Outlook/Team/Excel / Power BI;
- Ability to develop in VBA/Phyton/R;
- Previous use of trading booking tools;
- Well organized and pro-active, solution oriented;
- Ability to perform duties pro-actively, in a reliable way and accurately with limited supervision;
- Ability to remain focused under pressure;
- Enjoyment of teamwork and being a team player;
- Native level in Romanian;
- Excellent level in English;
- Knowledge of Russian is an advantage.