PMO Assistant-Good Excel Skills
Responded to 90% of applications in the past 30 days, typically in 3 days
Entry (0-2 years)
English - Advanced
If we are looking to start a career in the PMO area we have a great opportunity for a highly motivated and talented individual to fill the role of PMO Assistant for our client who is an independent, pan-European sustainability consultancy specializing in the commercial real estate sector.
Their approach is to provide an exceptional level of service, delivered by experienced professionals, whilst ensuring solutions are practical, simple to understand and tailored to each client’s specific requirements.
The main scope of this role is to act as key support to the Project Management Office Team Leader in supporting creation of key controls and management information
The shift will be Monday to Friday, UK hours from 9am-6pm or 9:30am-6:30pm with the possibility on Friday to work from home.
It is expected that some business travel will be needed, specifically to the Head Office of the client.
• Support the PMO Team Leader in ensuring projects are well controlled using standard best practices
• Expected to challenge and advise the PMO team in practical methods to improve project controls
• Build and maintain Project Delivery specific KPIs & Reports for tracking against target (monitor projects to cost, quality, plan, time, capacity)
• Prepare cost-benefit analyses to support business case development and baseline implementation of projects
• Support the PMO team lead in coordinating project closures to enable good practice and ensure lessons are learned
• Supporting design and development of user guides and training materials to support roll out of programme / project management controls and best practice methods
- Experience of project management using PRINCE2 or PMI/PMBOK methodology (or equivalent) for small to medium size projects:
- An understanding of software development lifecycles (SDLCs) such as waterfall, Agile an advantage
- Ability to administer multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision with a commercial value of at least £
- At least 1 year experience of project accounting and project profitability analysis
- Strong track record in exceptional delivery, on time and of exemplary quality
- Proven skills in creating and maintaining project and programme plans and controls, including risks, actions, issues, dependencies
- Exposure to complex business change programmes an advantage Page 2 of 2 Project Management Officer
- Strong analytical skills in relation to programme / project controls and general analytical tasks such as root cause analysis (RCA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; including communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Innovative, creative problem solver
- Commercially aware with desire and drive to help develop return on investment cases.
- Experience of basic business case development techniques
- Business English at professional level
- Multi-lingual capabilities (German, French especially) an advantage
- Proofing in MS office- Excel, Word, PowerPoint as well as other relevant project management tools (Zoho suite, Analytics, MS plan, Visio etc)
- Linguistic abilities is not a must but it is good to have especially German and French
- PMI, Prince, Lean, QMS qualification is not a must but is good to have
Education and Experience:
- High caliber individual with direct experience of at least 1-2 years in a Project Management Office role
- 1-2 years of financial reporting / project accounting experience
- Direct experience of working within a commercial environment for at least 2 years.
- Experience of the Sustainability Services Market an advantage
- Proven pedigree in implementing project office methods and disciplines
- Educated to degree level
- Exposure to data analysis and data management systems and technologies an advantage
- Experience using Zoho Projects or very similar project lifecycle software applications
- LEAN/Six Sigma certification an advantage
- Experience of Quality Management Systems / ISO9001 an advantage
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible hours and the ability to occasionally work from home
- 20 days of holiday ( year after year will go up with an extra day)
- Medical subscription
- Social events organized and funded by the company throughout the year
- Meal vouchers
Potentiam Services SRL delivers the considerable benefits of ‘Smart Resourcing’ to businesses of all types. Big business has been investing heavily in ‘outsourcing’ for over 15 years and it’s now time to make a similar but improved model easily accessible to medium-smaller sized businesses.
The huge benefits of reducing costs, improving cash flow and reinvesting the considerable savings in a growth strategy allowing us to truly outgun the competition. Without ‘Smart Resourcing’ we would have struggled to achieve any of this. We believe we can play a key role in powering your business.
Be a part of Potentiam Services SRL, be a part of smart resourcing!