Platform engineer/ DevOps
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
This job can be done remotely
Hiring candidates willing to relocate
Are you looking for us?
Appsbroker is Google’s largest Premier Partner in Europe. Our expertise in Data, Application Development, Infrastructure, and Managed Services helps us to solve big hairy problems for some of the world’s most exciting brands using Google Cloud Technology.
Our culture is fun and supportive with a determination to put the Appsbroker team and our customers at the heart of everything we do.
We are in a very exciting period of growth and we need more high caliber and wonderful professionals to help drive further expansion.
Are we looking for you?
You are passionate about delivering value to customers and prized for going the extra mile.
You’re flexible and creative in your approach and prepared to make a difference.
You’re professional - fair, honest and committed.
You’re excited to get involved in the ‘next big thing’ whatever that might be.
Skills that come naturally to you...
- Engineering and DevOps mindset
- Collaborative and proactive
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and critical thinking
- Articulate, persuasive and commercially aware
It would be great if you have (or are excited to gain)...
- Platform/Infrastructure and/or DevOps engineering experience for enterprise customers
- Public Cloud engineering experience: GCP, AWS or Azure
- Previous experience in some of the following:
- Containers, Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Strong Linux
- Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, Terragrunt, Packer
- Estate and Patch management
- Coding / Programming experience, ideally with Python
- Related industry qualifications - GCP or AWS
The Role - 80%
Appsbroker is dynamic and the role is varied so you’ll get involved in a wide range of activities but here are the main customer-facing things we’ll need you to do:
- Consultative delivery of Platform engineering solutions
- Be enthusiastic and team orientated
- Document reviews and NFR support for projects
- Create and deliver engaging presentations, on occasion
- Understand resilient, load-balanced and secure platform systems
The Role - 20%
- Help to evolve the team and the Platform function - and the rest of the business - by sharing your knowledge and skills
- Seek out opportunities to continuously improve the team’s performance, coaching and mentoring more junior members
- Learn new skills that can be applied to customer projects
- Contribute your ideas and skills to internal R&D and business improvement projects
What we offer to you:
- Motivating salary
- Intensive and continuous training with Google certifications
- Opportunity to visit the UK office for training and project work
- A Googly working atmosphere in modern offices
- This a full time, permanent role
- Monday to Friday
- 09:00- 18:00 / 10:00-19:00