Responded to 90% of applications in the past 30 days, typically in 3 days
Middle (2-5 years)
These roles are based in our Timisoara office. However, during the current Covid-19 restrictions, all our staff are successfully working from home. Interviews will be held via video conference and the selected candidate will be able to commence their employment without any delay by working from home.
Responsible to (reporting relationship): Timisoara Site Lead
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Remuneration: Seopa offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Free private medical insurance.
- Free access to our nominated e-learning platform.
- Team building and company dinner events.
- Sports plan.
- Free fruit and drinks in the Timisoara office.
- Opportunity to attend company conferences: in 2018 this was held in Madrid, and in 2019 it was held in Majorca.
Location: Strada Maresal Constantin Prezan, 140 Timisoara,, Romania
This is an exciting opportunity for several PHP Engineers to join our growing team in Timisoara. You will be a PHP engineer who has experience in Laravel, or a similar open-source PHP framework. You will be part of the Product Operations team which is responsible for the ongoing maintenance and development of our new and existing platforms. You will be collaborating with our business teams to ensure that our systems are carefully and securely integrated with our partners’ technology stacks.
You will be working with a range of teams within Seopa to ensure that robust, reusable coding solutions and industry-leading interfaces, are always our standard approach.
Tasks will include:
- Helping to maintain and develop Seopa’s leading edge web comparison systems.
- Ensuring that all developed software meets business requirements and follows Seopa standards and processes.
- Providing content for functional and technical documentation.
- Working across teams to assist in the gathering of technical requirements and provide time and cost estimations for upcoming projects.
- Reviewing and constructively commenting on the coding, testing and documentation of peers.
- Applying technical expertise to investigate and resolve customer software issues.
- Working closely with the business and QA teams locally and globally.
General: You may be required to attend meetings and/or conferences which could involve some overseas travel.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree within the field of Computer Science, Informatics or similar.
- At least 2 years' experience of working with high traffic, high volume websites.
- At least 1 years' experience working with an open source PHP framework.
- A good working knowledge of MySQL.
- An excellent working knowledge of HTML5.
- A good working knowledge of CSS3.
Experience with the following technologies:
- Laravel v5+.
- CSS preprocessing, such as SASS or LESS.
- ES6+, jQuery.
- Source control systems such as Git
- Jira, or similar project and issue management software
- Linux shell commands
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, and self-motivated to self-educate.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Responsible, thorough and pays attention to detail.
- Highly organised and able to meet deadlines.
- Collaborative and a strong team-player.
Must be eligible to permanently live and work in Romania without the need for a visa sponsorship.
Can identify with and commit to our company values: