Senior (5-10 years), Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years)
English - advanced
Roweb is a Microsoft Partner company with over 15 years experience in delivering successful projects for clients across Europe, USA and have more than 90 people in our team located in our 5 offices in Romania (3 Pitesti, 1 Craiova, 1 Bucharest) and we are specialized in: Web Development, E-commerce, Enterprise Application, Mobile development.
We are looking for a Perl Software Developer/Freelancer to join our team to work on a big international project together with our team.
- To write modern object-oriented perl scripts using MySQL database and other server side technologies to create dynamic web applications and implement API services.
- To write unit tests using Test::More and functional tests within an automated testing environment.
- To collaborate with colleagues using Jira ticketing system and git on to develop, review and approve each other’s code in an agile working environment, and log time for work done.
- To write suitable technical specification and design documentation.
- Experience of using Perl to develop web applications and services.
- Experience of using an ORM like Db-ix::Class.
- Demonstrable experience of using a web framework like Dancer, Catalyst, Raisin.
- Familiarity with running code under Apache 2 and Plack PSGI web servers.
- Familiarity with a template language like Template::Toolkit.
- Demonstrable understanding of Restful web service concepts including Open-API Specification for service definition and J SON data structures.
- Knowledge and experience of software testing and quality practices such as TDD with unit tests.
- Experience of working in a commercial software environment with agile team processes.
Experience of working with legacy and other developer’s code to maintain and enhance it.
- CPAN / FLOSS contributions.
- Experience using Amazon AWS web systems and components.
- Linux system administration skills.
- Planning and organising work. Using a tool like Jira to record and report on work.
- Collaboration. Working with others in a team to support shared success.
- Communication. Able to clearly communicate with technical developers, support stuff and the project manager, and understand in return what is required and expected in your work.
- Problem solving. Logical thinking, ability to break down and solve problems with IT components.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package based on your abilities
- Professional and dynamic work environment
- Training & certifications for the latest technologies
- International travel opportunities
- Restaurant tickets
- Private Healthcare package
- You are in control of your working day and day-to-day planning.
- Maximum flexibility and no rigid rules.
We are not a corporation, we are a dynamic and exciting company and you'll have the opportunity to wear different hats!