Oracle Sales Cloud Technical Support Engineer
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
Oracle Software Support is growing its Oracle Sales Cloud Support team.
As part of this team, you will learn the latest technology and help influence product supportability, usability, maintenance, and installation/configuration.
The team works closely with the Oracle Sales Cloud Development team, as well as other Oracle teams, directly involved in Fusion Products.
If you are interested in joining the support team for a product in its early stages and help shape the future of Oracle Sales Cloud product and Oracle Sales Cloud customers alike, then this is the place to be. If you think you meet the requirements below, we are definitely interested in finding more about you.
As a Senior Support Engineer, you will be expected to have:
- At least 4 years proven implementation, support, consulting and/or development experience in the CRM product family, preferably in a SaaS or a Cloud environment.
- B. S. degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or equivalent.
- Skills in using industry standard tools and techniques.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to provide advice to both technically aware and non-technically aware customers.
- Exceptional diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities.
- Experience monitoring, tuning and/or changing complex applications to optimize the product to perform to customer expectations.
- Experience in the following will be considered advantageous: mentoring junior team members on new products and technologies, delivering product technical or functional trainings.
Key technical & Analytical Skills:
- Well-developed troubleshooting skills in the area of functional and technical CRM application environments.
- Ability to analyze details and synthetize the “big picture”, frequently working with incomplete or ambiguous data.
- Creative use of industry data tools to aid in the diagnostic process.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- log reading and analyzing
- SQL querying
- SQL tuning
- Database structure, components and terminology
- SOAP/REST Webservice models
- Working with/developing Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE) reports
- Documenting troubleshooting and problem resolution steps.
- Detailed functional knowledge of one or more products/modules, preferable related to Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Proven experience in the following areas is considered a plus:
- Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF)
- Oracle Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) Suite
- Java JSE/J2EE
- Oracle Enterprise Manager (EM)
- Debugging software or database-related performance issues
- Troubleshooting in SaaS/Cloud environments
- Excellent communication skills, in terms of being able to deliver technical and functional knowledge and solutions in highly escalated situations to executives, support personnel and customer personnel.
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills.
- Ability to deal politely with difficult callers.
- Ability to liaise with customers in an empathic and technically effective manner.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide advice to both technically aware and non-technically aware customers.
- Customer oriented attitude.
- Well-developed listening skills, with the ability to discern core issues in an environment where it may be difficult to determine the symptoms and cause.
- Good command of English language, both written and verbal.
- Good organizational skills that facilitate the generation of coherent action plans that meet customers’ needs and lead to problem resolution as quickly as possible.
- Fast and flexible problem solving aptitude so as to be able to adjust resolution plans as new data for given problems is obtained.
- Ability to persevere in the face of obstacles and ensure customers’ success.
- Detail oriented.
- Logical thinker.
- Able to work well with limited daily supervision.
- Able to work well in a team, as well as on your own.
- Process orientation preferred.
- in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Other qualifications or certifications within the IT domain might be considered.
You will be the technical interface to customers and Oracle Partners for resolution of problems related to the use of and maintenance for Oracle Sales Cloud. You will have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. You will be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal directions from management. Routinely, you will act independently while researching and developing solutions for customer issues.