Snr Cloud Migration Specialist (sys admin skills)
Senior (5-10 years)
Oracle is seeking a Cloud Migration Specialist (with programming/ sys admin skills)
Your mission is to work with Oracle’s largest ISV (Independent Software Vendor) partners on migration strategies to move their IP to Oracle Public Cloud (OPC) and to develop their next generation SaaS offerings on the You will work with internal Oracle Cloud offering teams, including Product Management and Development, to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient production cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of OPC serviceIn collaboration with ISV sales, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers, help our customers accelerate adoption of OPC IaaS and PaaS – . Compute, Storage, Java as a Service, Database as a Service – and successfully migrate the ISV partner’s applications from on-premise or cloud deployments to OPC services.
The Worldwide ISV Sales Engineering team is the engineering team supporting ISV & OEM partner business within This organization is focusing ISV & OEM partners that integrate/embed Oracle technologies into their products, applications & solutions deployed in the cloud and/or on premise at customer, partner or Oracle locations.
Responsibilities & Qualification
- In partnership with the other ISV teams, formulate and execute a strategy to migrate ISV applications from on-premise or cloud deployments to OPC services.
- Promote best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and migrate existing production workloads to cloud.
- As a key member of the Migration Team, you will help on developing state of the art automation for moving ISV workloads into Oracle cloud
- Develop a deep expertise in the Oracle Cloud technology offerings as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the Oracle Cloud platform.
- Working with top ISV partners: educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the largest and most important organizations in the world.
- Experience in system administration with knowledge in automation, networking, monitoring, database or applications at a senior level
- Experience with Automation and Orchestration Tools like Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins
- Experience with at least one scripting /programming languages like Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl, , Java
- Basic knowledge and understanding of cloud technologies (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, micro-services, Kubernetes, Docker)
- Basic understanding of cloud environments like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure,
- Experience with workload migration from on-premise to the cloud and/or experience in designing and developing a next generation SaaS offering – nice to have
- Experience with Agile methodology, using industry standard cloud development practices and dev/ops tooling
- 4-year, “nice to have” Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Advanced degree highly desirable
- Willingness to do development activities on specific assignments
- Knowledge of specific frameworks, libraries and platforms (. Eclipse, Maven, ADF, , jQuery) – nice to have
- Excellent written and spoken English