Oracle Cloud DB Engineer - Manageability
Senior (5-10 years)
English - Advanced
As an Oracle Cloud Engineer in Manageability space within the EMEA Technology Engineering HUB , your goal is to support the EMEA Technology Cloud Engineering organizations in activities such as:
- Developing proof of concepts/custom demos and positioning Oracle products by presenting compelling technology solutions to Oracle customers
- Responding to tenders by providing commercially savvy answers to solution/product questions posed by customers to aid their selection of new products/solutions
- Running Workshops to advise customers and partners on how to best use Oracle products
- Researching and learning Emerging Technology and Processes
A significant portion of your time will also be used to stay up to date on the latest product releases and Oracle’s cloud strategy. This is done through self-study, online training, and classroom trainings depending on the topic.
In the Hub we believe it’s very important that the candidate has the characteristics to easily develop the right mindset for the job. This would mean that you feel responsible for making sure that the customer embraces the benefits of our solutions, based on your understanding of the real business needs of that customer. For the Hub, we are looking for individuals who are willing to take on the challenge of building excellent product knowledge and to combine this with a good commercial sense, clear communication while working in an international environment.
To fulfill the role of an Oracle Cloud Engineer in Manageability space, we are looking for individuals that match the following profile:
- Good understanding of the IT market landscape & trends
- Technical/IT education, university degree with post-graduation, Engineering Degree
- Works in an IT related role today (pre-sales consultant, Solution Engineering, technical support, consulting, development)
- An understanding of architecture, knowledge of Overall Cloud and Infrastructure
- Good understanding of the following areas:
- Oracle Databases
- Manageability knowledge (Enterprise Manager, Real Application Testing, RUEI, ATS, AMS) is a strong plus
- Performance (Diagnostics & Tuning)
- Operating systems - Unix/Linux/Ubuntu – advanced
- Experience with DBaaS / PaaS is a strong plus.
- Nice to have:
- RAC (Real Application Clusters)
- High Availability – Active Data Guard
- Networking knowledge
- Shell scripting
- Non-Oracle DB Knowledge (SQL Server, DB2, Sybase)
- Log analytics
- Infrastructure analytics
- Compliance solutions
- Eagerness to learn! Oracle has an incredibly broad (and growing) portfolio of industry leading products. If you find it interesting and fun to pick up a new product and master these in a very short timeframe, this is the place to be!
- Good communication skills, both oral and written! You are able to not only understand complex technologies but also to explain to others in clear and simple terms. You can articulate key messages very clearly.
- Being able to present in front of customers
- Working with virtual teams and interacting with people across the organization as well as customers
- Proactive approach to the task and self-learner
- Openness to work with different languages & cultures
- Results orientation, you won’t be satisfied until the job is done with the right quality!
- Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done often requires working together with many colleagues spread out in different countries
- Self motivated, you have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges
- Total experience: Minimum of 4 plus years and above.
- Should have experience working with Customers directly
- Work experience in a similar role is an added advantage.