Ops Manager - DBA experience required
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
Oracle Managed Cloud Services is a critical and proven part of Oracle’s broader cloud offerings. It enables organizations to leverage their Oracle investment to extend into the Cloud with greater value, choice and confidence. For over twelve years, millions of end users have used Oracle Managed Cloud Services to increase their productivity and gain competitive advantage. Oracle delivers enterprise-grade, end-to-end managed cloud services across its broad portfolio of business applications, middleware, database, and hardware technologies.
Our customers realize accelerated Value from their Oracle investments by:
- Faster utilization of the latest Oracle technologies and innovations through coordination with Oracle Development
- Minimizing upgrade costs with systematic and proactive change management
- Transforming their business processes while Oracle run Oracle.
The Cloud Services Operations Manager acts as the customer’s IT Manager, and is responsible for working at both a technical and customer level to ensure defined service levels are met.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Performing regular structured reviews of the quality and contractual compliance of service delivery to Cloud service customers, including
- Reviewing performance against SLS (Service Level Standard
- Reviewing technical operations such as performance, capacity, and configurati
- Work with Cloud Services delivery teams t
- Ensure smooth implementations of changes
- Ensure low failure rate during Implementation of Change
- Reduce risk of incidents caused by Changes
- Reduce testing time and cycle
- Reduce requested downtimes
- Ensure better scheduling and usage of internal resources
- Provide General Operational assistance, including:
- Support and Maintenance of Customer Change Management
- Manage remedial actions resulting from technical & SLA (Service Level Agreement) reviews
- Ensuring progression of important tasks
- Provide support to relevant groups during time of Customer Escalati
- Contribute to Global Reporting
- Support Transition Managers to ensure tasks are completed as necessary against key project milestones and the project plan
- Minimum of 7 yrs Oracle DBA or Apps DBA experience, either as part of complex implementation projects or post implementation responsibility for production operati
- Extensive experience working directly with customers in an IT services
- Proven ability to develop trusted relationships with customers
- Experience working in a global, matrix team environment with ability to drive initiatives and influence across organizational and geographic boundarie
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skill
- ITIL training or certification is consider an advantage.