Non-Production Senior Buyer
* all languages are compulsory
Leoni is a global provider of products and solutions for energy and data management in the automotive sector and other industries. The value chain encompasses wires, optical fibers, standardized cables and special cables through to custom-developed wiring systems and related components as well as services. As an innovation partner and solutions provider, Leoni supports its customers with pronounced development and systems expertise. The market-listed group of companies employs aboutpeople in 30 countries and generated consolidated sales of EUR billion in 2020.
And we are looking for you.
We have a great opportunity as a Non-Production Senior Buyer located in Arad part of a country Purchasing team. You will be responsible for proposal reviews, price negotiations, selection of the best suppliers and trends analysis on the assigned commodities. You will have to make sure that the projects are sourced on time with the right partners by using the purchasing tools and cross functional network.
- Monitoring continuously the economical, technical and social market trends for the assigned categories and suppliers
- Analyse market dynamics and assist in developing strategies to meet the company objectives by understanding industry trends, reviewing market prices and recommending cost strategies for implementation
- Ensure a compliant supplier selection, release process and preparation for the awarding / decision process according to defined thresholds
- Ensure compliance to company guidelines, purchasing policies, procedures during supplier negotiation and contracts award process
- Act as interface between suppliers and the internal requesting department to clarify the demand, organize RFQ process, TCO and contract negotiation, support in escalation any delivery or quality issue after order release.
- Identify and initiate savings potential and improvement opportunities
- Provide costs analysis and prepares reports when required
- Conduct relevant supplier contracts of high complexity
- Prepare addendums to update contracts according to newly negotiated conditions
- Monitor suppliers contract adherence and validity continuously together with the internal contract requestor and implementing measures to solve deviations
- Document and archive all data in process conform and auditable way
- Bachelor's degree preferred in Business administration, Commercial, Economic or Technical field
- 3 to 5 years of experience of working in a purchasing team, preferably within an automotive or manufacturing environment
- Strong knowledge of purchasing, negotiation, commercial understanding and cost breakdown
- Experience of working closely with suppliers
- Good communication, negotiation, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, organization skills, and attention to details
- Ability to manage people in a positive manner and to deal with difficult situations
- Good command of English – written and spoken
- Good knowledge on MS Office products, SAP is a plus
Apply online. We are looking forward to meeting you.
*People of all genders are always meant equally; For linguistic simplification and better readability, only the masculine form is used in the text.
LEONI processes your application data in an IT-system that is consistent across the company and uses Foreign Service providers. By sending your application, you agree to this procedure. LEONI ensures the compliance with data protection.