We are Lenovo!
We’re a leader in genuine innovation, dreaming up – and building – the technology and services that enable and inspire progress around the world.
Our innovative high-quality PCs & Smart Devices, Data Centers, Mobile and Smart Office products are designed and built with the customer in mind. And it’s our people who make this all happen- we believe different is better and our strength lies in this diversity.
Lenovo is the Number 1 Supercomputing provider in the world measured by Top 500 entries, and we keep going. Our Datacenter team is dedicated to fostering an environment that encourages entrepreneurism and ownership - a workplace where your talents can be challenged, and your efforts recognized and rewarded.
We are looking for a Network Specialist to join our newbuilt WW Managed Services team of 17 in Bucharest! This is a very exciting opportunity for people who want to make a difference.
This will be a 24/7 support; you will be rotating in 3 different shifts.
These are your detailed responsibilities:
• Identifying and solving any problems that arise with computer networks and systems;
• Basic understanding of Compliance standards and rules for PCI, SOC2, and HIPAA is required;
• Monitoring computer networks and systems to identify how performance can be improved;
• Providing network administration and support;
• Perform daily performance & traffic analysis, maintaining daily logs (MPLS, Internet, IPVPN, VOIP, and SDWAN);
• Provide support for implementing and maintaining firewalls (ACLs, NAT, UTM);
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues reported by Lenovo’s monitoring systems and submitted through the ticketing system;
• Initiate escalation process working with other teams, partners, and vendors as appropriate while communicating progress and resolution to clients;
Work with other teams to improve problem resolution rates and minimize escalations;
• Focus on continued professional development to maintain knowledge and application of current industry best practices and security concepts.
We are looking for a Network Specialist to join our newbuilt WW Managed Services team in Bucharest! This is a very exciting opportunity for people who want to make a difference.
• VCAP: Data Center Virtualization Design or Deploy certification;
• MSP experience;
• Prior experience with WAN circuit technologies (MPLS, Internet, Global WAN);
• Experience with VMware VeloCloud SDWAN technologies;
• Experience supporting network related technologies including enterprise LANs, WANs, SD-WANs, routers, switches, VPN, network load balancers;
• Experience supporting server-based networking technologies, either physical or virtual (NIC, routing, VPN, DNS, AD, RADIUS, DHCP, etc.);
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP usage and troubleshooting;
• Functional understanding of SSL/TLS and IPSEC encryption;
• Operational understanding of regulatory compliance, including, but not limited to HIPAA, HI-TECH, and PCI-DSS;
• Experience with routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP);
• Experience with Monitoring software (Netreo, Solarwinds);
• Experience with F5 or A10 load balancers;
• Familiar with experience with VMWARE.
Nice to have:
Bachelor’s degree in IT field or equivalent experience with 3+ years of experience in IT.
Participate in rotation of a 24/7 on-call system and occasional off-hours work is needed.
What We Will Offer You:
• An open and stimulating environment within one of the most forward-thinking IT companies;
• Flat structures and fast decision-making processes;
• A modern and flexible way of working to combine personal and professional life, working from home;
• An international team with a high focus on Gender Diversity;
• Attractive compensation package.
We are looking forward to discussing this position with you soon!
Lenovo is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any federal, state, or local protected class.