Currently OPIS, part of IHS Markit, is looking to expand its Romanian .NET software development team based in Bucharest. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing team that will become an important part of global OPIS IT. This team will work closely with the OPIS IT HQ based in Gaithersburg, US. To fit this role, we are looking for that unique mix of solid technical capabilities, blended with strong interpersonal skills.
This role will be responsible for leading the development effort for several scrum teams in one of our key product offerings. The candidate has experience with leading multiple development teams both offshore and on-site. The candidate has experience in developing and deploying native cloud-based solutions, possesses a passion for container-based technologies, immutable infrastructure, and continuous delivery practices in deploying global commercial software. They also ensure that the software meets the required standards and follows industry best practices.
• Ability to lead multiple roles ensuring complete responsibility of delivery: Scrum Masters, Software Developers and Database Developers
• Provide strategical direction on technology, tools and processes part of company’s SDLC
• Assume a leadership role in ensuring on-time, high-quality delivery of products through the entire application life cycle
• Serve as mentor and coach to technical delivery staff
• Promote knowledge sharing across product-development teams
• Maintain an excellent understanding of the business long term goals and strategy and ensures that designs are aligned with these
• Track and communicate team progress and team status to the stakeholders
• Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical partners
OPIS, part of IHSMarkit, is one of the world's most comprehensive sources for petroleum pricing and news information. OPIS provides real-time and historical spot, wholesale/rack and retail fuel prices for the refined products, renewable fuels, and natural gas and gas liquids (LPG) industries. At its core, OPIS uses a set of complex IT systems and tools, handling huge amounts of data in a reliable way, and providing customers with business applications to use this data as efficient as possible.
• 8+ years of increasing responsibility in technical roles, with a focus on Microsoft Web technologies and cloud (AWS/Azure)
• 4+ years of experience managing multiple development teams with a proven successful track record
• Experience applying design patterns, methodologies and recognized practices like unit testing, dependency injection, test-driven development, continuous integration and delivery
• Strong involvement in data architecture and design, querying and integrating multiple database systems, both relational (SQL Server/Postgress) and NoSQL
• Experience architecting cloud-based applications using PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) offerings from leading vendors such Amazon’s AWS and Microsoft Azure
• Existing experience with container runtimes and container management systems, microservice architecture and API development including REST based APIs
• Experienced with developing and deploying native cloud-based solutions, possesses a passion for container-based technologies, immutable infrastructure, and continuous delivery practices in deploying global commercial software
• You are also skilled in executing multiple programming languages and techniques across framework, API, and persistence layers by strategically deploying the right tool for the right job to address fast-paced business requirements
• Ability to function well when working in somewhat ambiguous situations.
• Excellent business judgement, you know how to prioritize, when to collaborate and when to seek assistance
• You are hands-on and committed to actively engaging with a global, agile delivery team.
• Strong, effective communication skills as to bring multiple personalities and cultures together to work towards a common goal
What we offer:
• Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
• Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
• Access to the most interesting information technologies
• Flexible Working Hours
• Work from home
• Three days for charity/volunteering
• Chillout & fun room (pool table, PlayStation)
• Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
• New and modern office, easy to access (M Aurel Vlaicu), spacious desks, latest technologies/equipment