Entry (0-2 years)
English - advanced
We are looking for a Monitoring Technician to join our Technical Support team, whose aim is to build and maintain the functionality of both our internal and our customers’ IT infrastructures.
This role involves working on rotating shifts, 24x7x365 coverage, so experience working in a similar job is a high advantage.
What will you do in this role?
- Monitor DataCenter related systems such as temperatures, cooling, security cameras, power systems;
- Monitor displays for alerts related to internal and client infrastructures and escalation to the proper department (servers, switches, network links, storage devices, website availability);
- Monitor incoming alerts via emails / notifications / monitoring systems and verifying and escalation according to procedures (verifying incoming alerts via our monitoring systems, basic troubleshooting to determine severity or false-positive and escalating alert according to procedures);
- Manage internal and external communications for infrastructure maintenance/outages, including documentation of affected customers (notifying clients via email / phone regarding alerts for managed services and / or critical events – ensuring clients receive an RFO document);
- Submit reports to relevant departments should service issues arise that contain information such as time of occurrence and cause of issue. (monitor incoming notifications of maintenance related tasks performed by our suppliers, providers and partners and making sure these are sent to the required departments: networking, technical support);
- Configure scheduled maintenance tasks and task reminders (setting reminders via calendars and ensuring notifications are received and checked);
- Notify clients via tickets/emails regarding scheduled maintenance tasks and urgent critical maintenance events;
- Basic troubleshooting, checking if system/service is up and functioning as required (uses tools like ping, telnet, mtr or ssh. Uses browser to access pages);
What you will need to be successful in this role?
- Good level of English language, both spoken and written B2+;
- Ability to work different shifts, including during the night and over the weekend according to rotation. This provides you the opportunity of earning substantial additional income besides your basic monthly salary;
- Basic handling of Microsoft Office 365 related products (Outlook, Excel, Word, setting events in calendars, replying to emails, adding notes, sharing documents);
- Ability to listen, learn and improve both personally and professionally and desire to develop a career in tech support;
- Great communication and ability to be concise and detailed as needed;
- Focus and attention to details;
Desirable bonus skills:
- Basic Linux command line usage and familiarity;
- Basic network skills or knowledge is a big advantage;
- Ability to use ping, traceroute or mtr, telnet, to verify connectivity issues;
- Basic Windows usage;
- Attractive monthly salary, competitive to the local market;
- Private medical services subscription within the Medicover network for yourself and your family (wife/husband and children);
- Additional monthly benefits package (meal vouchers, private pension, public transportation, gift vouchers);
- Daily Fruit basket & coffee;
- High performance technical work equipment;
- A relaxation and playroom equipped with a ping pong table, Pool Table, Foosball, Xbox, Darts, beanbags;
- Car parking conveniently located next to the office building;
- Yearly performance & salary review;
- Regular Team-building activities to get to know your colleagues and have fun together;
- Are you able to speak and write in English at an advanced level?