Mobile Test Automation Engineer
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Job Description Over 100 million customers and businesses rely on Avira’s security expertise and award-winning antivirus software, making the company one of the global market share leaders. The Avira umbrella covers a portfolio of security and performance applications for Windows, Android, Mac, and iOS. Our security solutions routinely lead in independent tests for detection, performance, and usability.
As a QA Automation Engineer you will be responsible for delivering high-quality software products by building, maintaining and enhancing the mobile automation tests.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining automation tests using Robotium and Spoon which are running in Jenkins for Android but will/ can also be involved in building automation tests for the iOS applications. Manual testing will also be a part of the day to day chores.
The team that you will be working with is formed of highly skilled, extremely passionate programming engineers who are every day pushing excellent applications to our customers.
- Independently test new software applications and modifications to ensure that they work as per the requirements and adhere to the acceptance criteria
- Write test plans when needed.
- Develop and run test scripts to uncover program defects. Confirm defect fixes applied correct the defects identified and don't introduce new issues.
- Perform manual test execution as needed to meet the needs of the product release
- Troubleshoot issues with automation scripts.
- Implement fixes for automation tools, frameworks or script related issues.
- Perform log/system analysis to identify application issues.
- Implement and monitor daily testing of builds to monitor application code changes and automation breakage.
- Update/maintain test scripts to account for changes in application.
- Adhere to coding standards; communicate coding standards to others in the group. Perform code reviews of other’s work and provide meaningful feedback.
- Document work performed and track progress of project.
- Report on individual or team testing progress.
- Demonstrate the functional aspects of the software to other individuals or groups.
- Contribute to technical and non-technical aspects of test strategies and team best practices.
- Write technical concepts and information clearly and thoroughly for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Implement CI jobs either in Jenkins or XCode Server
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Solid automation testing experience on the Android and/or iOS
- Automation experience with UI Automation/Instrumentation tools as Robotium or Espresso or other tools is required.
- Proven experience in writing automation tests using Java and/ or Objective-C/ Swift
- Experience in using and configuring Spoon
- Proven experience in working and configuring Jenkins and/or XCode Server
- Solid knowledge of the Linux environment, Gradle and ADB (for Android)
- Manual test scripts experience
- People you would love to work & learn with
- Experience new technologies in world-class applications
- Professional challenges to match your interests and skills
- Freedom to develop innovative ideas and projects
- An opportunity to make a difference with 100 million customers worldwide