Oracle Technical Product Manager for Mobile Data Connectivity (MDC) Cloud Service
Oracle is looking for a Technical Product Manager for the Mobile Data Connectivity (MDC) cloud service product portfolio located in Bucharest, RomaniaResponsibilities include specification of technical requirements and collaboration with other Oracle teams/products and 3rd party partners to define and support broader solutions involving the MDC cloudResponsibilities also include collaboration with the Product Line Management team to define the product/solution strategy.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the front-end technical needs for the Mobile Data Connectivity cloud service product portfolio are met or exceeded.
Desirable knowledge areas include:
• Working with sales engineers, account teams and other Oracle and/or 3rdparty teams to define customer solutions
• Owning and generating market-level technical requirements and supporting documentation
• Providing guidance in architectural decisions
• Supporting technical sales and marketing
• Supporting the associated Business Plans, Internal Plans of Record (POR), External Product Plans, Feature Commitment Tracking, RFF (Request for Feature) Process
• Supporting day-to-day processes of feature reconciliation, field trial determination, and RFx response input
• Understanding the competitive landscape and market opportunities for Oracle in this area and other Product Management duties as required.
In the performance of these duties applicant will interface with Customers, Sales, Marketing, Product Line Managers, R&D, Customer Service, Business Development, other Oracle organizations.
Position requires demonstrated leadership in and direct supervision of technical aspects of product planning activities. May require travel to work closely with customers and sales teams for technical/business assessment and analysis of new and existing business opportunities as well as support future product roadmaps based on technical/market requirements. Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Qualifications:
• BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent. MS preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience working in fixed or mobile broadband industry or similar, with a strong working knowledge of telecommunication systems and protocols.
• Experience defining software product requirements for engineering organizations. Software Engineering experience is a plus.
• Customer-facing experience creating solutions and defining requirements is required, preferably with tier-1 operators.
• Excellent communication, leadership and facilitator skills.
• Ability to solve business, technical, and logistical problems.
• Ability to work with others, communicate, and foster teamwork.
• Good written and oral communication skills, and the ability to interface with various levels of customers, partners, and internal Oracle personnel for all aspects of the products.