PHP/Golang Developer (Web&Mobile, Targeting Team)
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
English - Medium
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
The Targeting team is responsible for developing and maintaining applications that focus on personalizing the eMAG experience for the end user.
The team is responsible for two applications:
- Recommendation Engine: that provides the most relevant product recommendations for the clients by using state of the art technology.
- Trigger System: through which we try to be as close as possible to our clients, notifying them of the changes that might interest them or sending them targeted marketing campaigns.
We are always working on something new for both applications. Together, we decide what technologies, programming languages and testing strategies we choose in order to deliver the given business requirements.
Besides PHP and Golang we bring lots of other cool technologies to the table: Kubernetes, Mongo, Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka and killer combos such as SOLR, Neo4J, Java.
We invite you to join our teams and enjoy not only the position, but also the full experience:
- Being part of a company serving customers in multiple countries
- Sponsored international events, workshops and hackathons
- Sponsored MBA - like trainings
- Flexible program.
- Develop high-performance, reliable and maintainable code whether implementing architectural improvements
- Design, implement and support multiple applications across various platforms
- Stay in-tune with the latest technologies; proactively identify areas for improvement and propose viable solutions
- Collaborate with other technical team members to design, implement, quickly troubleshoot and resolve any critical issues
- Contribute to the improvement of code and technologies.
- 4+ years of overall development experience using web technologies
- Extensive experience in design and development of applications with PHP or Golang
- Experience with storage strategies and engines (SQL/NoSQL)
- Focused on code quality and high development standards (Unit & Functional Testing)
- Solid foundations in computer science fundamentals, object oriented programming, design patterns and software engineering best practices
- Hands on experience with parallel processing and queueing / publish-subscribe systems (Eg: RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc.)
- Analytical thinking and strong initiative
- Flexible, communicative, a real team player
- Able to work on several simultaneous projects and to adapt to a fast-evolving environment
- Versioning system (Git, VCS, etc).
Will be a plus:
- Experience with Golang, Graph Databases, Kafka, Kubernetes
- Experience developing API’s
- Agile SCRUM
- CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with Clean Architecture or DDD (Domain Driven Design) projects
- Understanding of:
- Collaborative Filtering,
- High Availability,
- Load Balancing,
- Performance Tuning,
At eMAG, we are constantly moving forward and we love what we do. If you are passionate about your job, whether it’s offering consultancy to a customer or writing a code line, and you aim high, then you belong in our team.
We provide you with the best development programs to improve both your soft and job specific skills, but it is you who decides what you want to learn and where you want to go. The possibilities are endless.
We know benefits are important, that’s why we provide you with a full range of them. And because we like to share, at the beginning of you journey in eMAG we offer you a free course of e-commerce, just to put you up to speed. :)