Job title: Marine People Advisor
Alternative job title:
Job tags: Advisor, hr, Career
Job location: Constanta, RO
Experience requirements: Mid-career
Workfield requirements: Others: HR related
Contract type: Permanent full-time
Sector: Distribution, Transport & Logistics
Locations: Romania - Sud
As a Marine People Advisor you will be the first and single point of contact for our seafarers regarding all HR aspects throughout their employment with Maersk. In this role you will be executing the end-to-end Marine HR processes in line with the Marine HR Strategy and with a constant focus on building and strengthening the relationship with our seafarers.
You will be reporting to the Marine People Manager East Europe.
This role supports the Marine People Manager in implementing the marine people advisor program which intends to deliver competitive, qualified, engaged seafarers, available for the right positions at the right time. The people advisor should be a front runner in the moments that matter. The main areas of responsibility are the following:
• Issuing Seafarer Employment Agreements and acting as subject matter experts in case of queries
• Co-ordinating timely performance management of seafarers including regular performance reviews:
o Performance appraisals
o Performance Improvement Plans
o Disciplinary Actions/Sanctions
• Engage in sign off talks with seafarers regarding all aspects of their employment and HR related topics
• Driving personal development and providing career guidance
• Identifying training needs and execution of required training in line with talent strategy
• Safeguarding welfare and mental wellbeing:
• Managing Illness cases and maternity/paternity requests
• Exit management
• Assisting with various HR aspects and supporting with ad hoc employment related queries:
o NOK contact and family support
o Payroll related escalations
o Country specific documentation requirements
o Leave related requests
o Expense claims
o Marine benefits
• End - to - end HR administration regarding above areas of responsibility
• Reporting to Authorities regarding above areas of responsibility
• Participating in duty phone schedule
• Engaging in assigned ad hoc projects
• Act as point of escalation in absence of Marine people manager
• Assist Marine People Manager in execution and delegation of his/her tasks
• Advise and assist Marine People Advisor in more complex situations.
We offer a unique opportunity to be a part of one of the biggest company within international shipping & logistics. You will have ability to manage one's own agenda and enjoy a lot of independence in handling one's tasks. We also offer very good working atmosphere and significant development prospects locally and globally at a market leading company with a portfolio of competitive products and services.
We are looking for
• Appreciates emphatic communication, writes and speaks clearly and accurately
• Self-starter who can manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Able to review data, make recommendations based on possible analysis of these
• Produces high volume of excellent work in a challenging environment
• Has ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Shows and builds knowledge and experience in HR processes
• Shows and builds knowledge of the International Maritime Industry
• Excellent English speaking and writing
• Previous Maritime background and/or performing previously a Talent Development role would be highly beneficial
• Demonstrate inclusion and diversity skills by engaging and collaborating with colleagues in the team and globally
• Demonstrates leadership qualities
• Encouraging feedback within the team and make sure all contribute equally to team efforts.
. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company working to connect and simplify its customer's supply chains. As the global leader in shipping services, the company operates in 130 countries and employs roughlypeople. With simple end-to-end offering of products and digital services, seamless customer engagement and a superior end-to-end delivery network, Maersk enables its customers to trade and grow by transporting goods anywhere - all over the world.
For more information:
All the way.