MANUFACTURING PROCESS ENGINEER
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
Primary Objective of Position
Under minimum supervision, responsible for evaluating existing processes and configuring manufacturing systems to improve safety, reduce cost, increase production velocity, and develop best practices within the production process. The Manufacturing Process Engineer is a key technical role responsible for the implementation and stabilization of all manufacturing processes. Requires a strong focus on manufacturability and production processes.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develop safe manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; interfacing with equipment suppliers.
• Maintain reliable and safe manufacturing systems while improving production rates, efficiencies, yields, costs and changeovers.
• Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
• Develop manufacturing processes to meet product requirements and tests manufacturing methods while developing training and evaluation guideline for assembly technicians.
• Prepare product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished-product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
• Keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service when required.
• Initiate and implement capital projects of all sizes including those having large scope and a high degree of complexity.
• Research and create new methods of manufacturing processes and make recommendations to achieve maximum production capacity and efficiency.
• Participate as needed in cross functional new product design teams, providing product and process design expertise necessary to ensure manufacturability.
• Develop and specify through PMAPS, manufacturing processes of all levels of complexity necessary to produce product. Provide direction to overall manufacturing process documentation strategy.
• Work with tool designers and designer/drafters to define tooling and fixturing requirements and initiate tooling improvement projects.
• Work with QA, Materials, and Design Engineering to disposition discrepant parts and assemblies, assign causes, and initiate corrective action. Identify system related causes and initiate action to correct.
• Identify and help resolve potential safety hazards in manufacturing.
• Responsible for improving first pass yield, productivity and cost savings on the manufacturing line.
• Establish and maintain labor standards.
• Requires a mastery of manufacturing processes in the area of responsibility.
• Strong math and computer skills and problem solving ability also required.
• Individual must be able to work independently and communicate well verbally.
• Experience implementing and supporting Lean Manufacturing practices.
5 years providing engineering support in a manufacturing setting.
BS in Engineering required. Advanced degree preferred.
In order to complete your application, please follow the link provided below. You will be redirected to the EMERSON Career’s Page where you can fill-in your profile and upload your CV. The application process takes between 3-5 minutes to complete.
- Click on the link (if the link does not work, you go to and select the “careers” tab )
- Input the search criteria
- Choose the desired position and click Apply Now
- Complete the registration process
- Attach your CV and Letter of Intent
Thank you for your interest in Emerson!