Linux Technical Support Engineer
Responded to 90% of applications in the past 30 days, typically in 3 days
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
This job is inactive, but you can still send your resume to the company
We have moved to Timpuri Noi Square ! We are waiting for you to join us !
An established leader for Value Added Telecommunication Services, StreamWIDE assists operators and service providers worldwide in shaping their services innovation. We offer solutions for IP mobile messaging, Call Completion, convergence management, virtual numbers and social telephony, convergent charging, conferencing, virtual contact center solutions, call control and routing. The company is headquartered in Paris (France), with subsidiaries in Romania, the US, Tunisia, China and with multiple sales offices.
We offer complete solutions which require procedures for preparing the proper Hardware, Virtualization Systems, Linux Installation, Linux Configuration, Security Hardening, Package Management, and Product Installation.
In 2018 "Team On Mission" StreamWIDE Solution has been selected by the French Ministry of the Interior.
We need technicians passionate by security, with great sense of responsibility as our solutions will be in the first line on defense, saving people lives.
The interview will include a hands-on troubleshooting linux test (about 30 minutes).
- 3+ years of experience in a telecom or web hosting environment working with Linux servers
- Strong troubleshooting/debugging skills and passion for problem solving and investigation
- Network - Deep network understanding (Load Balancing, DNS, TCP/IP, Routers, sniffers)
- Clustering (Pacemaker, Corosync, DRBD)
- Supervision (Centreon, Nagios, Zabbix)
- Security Standards knowledge
- Advanced Linux operating systems knowledge (RedHat is an advantage)
- Scripting (Bash, Perl, Python, PHP)
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Experience with DevOps tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Saltstack)
- Experience in packaging (RPM, DEB)
- RedHat certification is a plus
- Cisco certification is a plus
As a Core Business Support Engineer, your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Deliver web-based, email, and phone technical support in English for customer support based on SLA
- Troubleshooting platform configuration issues related to Linux base services (nginx, apache, mysql, snmp, etc)
- Providing technical support for live customer platforms with minimum downtime
- Escalating issues to product support when needed
- 24/7 On-Duty one week per month
As an IT Infrastructure Support Engineer, your main tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Exploring and integrating new solutions for various infrastructure-related matters
- Interacting with product development teams
- Responsible for maintenance and backup of the company’s internal servers.
- Responsible for maintaining and keeping the company’s telecommunication systems running with minimal downtime
- Responsible for network equipment and other networking applications and systems.
- Supporting employees use systems and applications effectively with minimum time lost on problems and errors
- Install and update operating systems, office applications, e-mail, virus scan and other personal productivity and security programs.
- Responsible for performing preventive maintenance of all company’s workstations, servers, printers and other equipments
- Competitive salary package
- Monthly and project bonuses
- Restaurant tickets
- Medical subscription for family
- Team buildings
- What's your Linux preferred flavor
- What's your Linux experience