Linux Support Specialist (3-5 years experience)
Middle (2-5 years)
English - advanced
* all languages are compulsory
At Spearhead Systems we believe in the delivery of high performance. By this, we mean that we are excited to the bone about the delivery of IT services that help people and companies get things done. We are all about high performance and not just in computing, but in everything that we do.
We are looking for more people like us: system generalists who love to solve problems. Our ideal colleague is comfortable in any stage of a systems life cycle, whether that is initial set-up and configuration or ongoing maintenance and support, and who finds gratification in knowing that their work keeps some of the most successful businesses running. We’re seeking a Linux Support Specialist to help us deliver professional technical support services for customers, our ISV partners and corporate clients as well as to our global IT monitoring customers.
Implementation experience is helpful, but enthusiasm and interest can trump experience; we’re willing to take a chance on someone who wants to step up.
We're looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Experience 3-5 years working with in a position that primarily focussed on Linux operating systems (preferably RHEL/CentOS)
- Experience in administration of systems (operating environments, clusters, distributed systems, cloud, etc.), in operating and administering Linux environments;
- Experience in scripting (bash, python) or even programming entire applications;
- Knowledge in reading, interpreting documentation and operating manuals for complex IT systems (distributed systems, large scale clusters/grids and clouds);
- Expert PHP, and MySQL debugging & troubleshooting skills;
- Manage applications to monitor service uptime and performance;
- Advanced English skills (reading, writing and speaking);
- Passion for automation and getting things done right.
- Taking ownership of customer issues and seeing problems through to resolution;
- Creating scripts for automation purposes, migrations and other ad-hoc requests, followed by creating runbooks for diverse automation scenarios;
- Monitoring, implementing and operating diverse CI/CD pipelines for internal use and customers (git know-how is essential) and periodical administration of Linux/UNIX and occasional Windows server environments;
- Design, operate and maintain (troubleshoot) modern web architectures (n tier/web, caching, databases, microservices, etc.)
- Managing and operating our customers IT infrastructures (managed services) and help operate the (delivery of IaaS to a global customer base);
- Work on virtualization technologies such as KVM, Red Hat Virtualization, Vmware and Triton.
We offer (besides monthly salary):
- Meal tickets
- Medical insurance
- Opportunities to grow and learn top technologies
- The office is in a quiet location - subway access and public transport
- Young, creative and enthusiastic working environment
- The worlds best coffee