Linux Operations Specialist
Remote job (allows the activity to be fulfilled from home, permanently or temporarily)
* all languages are compulsory
We want you!
If you’re interested in applying and enhancing your Linux skills, you’ll be happy to know that at Cmed, we nurture talent and challenge you so that you can learn, grow and advance your career.
This position is for a versatile and experienced Linux Operations Specialist to become part of our global team and help improve the infrastructure for our rich client web applications as well as mobile applications that are part of “Encapsia™ - next generation Clinical Data Suite” that supports the clinical research and development of the next generation medication.
How far you go at Cmed is up to you - we provide the support, you bring the exceptional skills. Already think it sounds great? We’ve not even mentioned that you will be part of a diverse European community of fun and smart people joining forces in building the future of clinical trials!
This position is perfect for you if you have:
- Experience of Linux servers especially Ubuntu (3+ years)
- Experience of cloud infrastructure such as Amazon EC2
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of scripting such as BASH
- Experience of process automation such as Chef/Puppet
- Use of virtualization (KVM, VMware)
- Ability to work in an agile, fast paced and rapidly changing environment with dynamic requirements
- Strong oral and written communication in English
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills as well as good attention to detail
What can Cmed offer you?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Partial or full homeworking
- The opportunity to improve the infrastructure for the innovative software that will be used to assess the effectiveness of next-generation medication
- The chance to be part of an amazing team and work with exciting and new technologies in a friendly environment
Your core responsibilities:
- Infrastructure Maintenance
- Build, test and monitor infrastructure servers and hardware
- Validation (including IQ/OQ) of new infrastructure servers and hardware
- Assist with the administration of backup systems
- Update the Configuration and Management Database (CMDB) to ensure its accuracy and consistency
- Assist in creating/testing disaster recovery procedures
- Ensure published change control procedures are followed and accurately recorded
- Infrastructure improvement
- Participate in investigations into new tools/technologies to improve operations
- Develop options for process automation
- Work with Product Development on joint projects to improve the operational aspects of hosted systems
- Work as part of the Application Support team to resolve reported issues
- Ensure compliance of all Operations processes and associated SOP’s
- Keep up to date with current and new technologies required to support Operations
Cmed Technology (Offices in Timisoara, Romania) helps research organizations meet the challenges of 21st century clinical trials. We are working to move clinical research to the cloud, and we are looking for experienced Linux Operations specialist to improve the infrastructure for our full-featured modern Single Page Web Applications and Mobile applications connected via REST Services to cloud servers. The applications target a wide range of functionality like clinical data capture, data loading, data analysis or data validation, and they need to both comply with international clinical regulation as well as meet the highest standards of quality.
If you want to make a real difference in infrastructure improvement and are interested in the great opportunities that Cmed can offer, all you need to do is to apply now!
Please be aware that we do not accept resumes from outside agencies or recruiters unless specifically requested by a Cmed HR or Recruitment Unsolicited agency or recruiter resumes will not be eligible for referral fees and will be considered candidates Cmed may directly contact for employment.