Linux Operations and Security Specialist
Responded to 90% of applications in the past 30 days, typically in 3 days
Entry (0-2 years), Middle (2-5 years)
This job can be done remotely
If you’re interested in applying and enhancing your Linux and Security skills, you’ll be happy to know that at Cmed, we nurture talent and challenge you so that you can learn, grow and advance your career.
This position is for a versatile and experienced Linux Operations and Security Specialist to become part of our global team and help improve the infrastructure and security for our rich client web applications as well as mobile applications that are part of “Encapsia™ - next generation Clinical Data Suite” that supports the clinical research and development of the next generation medication.
How far you go at Cmed is up to you - we provide the support, you bring the exceptional skills. Already think it sounds great? We’ve not even mentioned that you will be part of a diverse European community of fun and smart people joining forces in building the future of clinical trials!
Only apply if you have the following experience:
- Thorough experience of Linux servers especially Ubuntu (3-5years)
- Experience in information security or related field.
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques.
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts.
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them.
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
- Experience of cloud infrastructure such as Amazon EC2
- Knowledge of Python
- Experience of process automation using Chef/Puppet
- Use of virtualisation (KVM, VMware)
- Ability to work in an agile, fast paced and rapidly changing environment with dynamic requirements
- Strong oral and written communication in English
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills as well as good attention to detail
What can Cmed offer you?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Partial or full homeworking
- The opportunity to improve the infrastructure and security for the innovative software that will be used to assess the effectiveness of next-generation medication
- The chance to be part of an amazing team and work with exciting and new technologies in a friendly environment
Your core responsibilities:
- Infrastructure Maintenance
- Build, test and monitor infrastructure servers and hardware
- Validation (including IQ/OQ) of new infrastructure servers and hardware
- Administer backup systems
- Manage the Configuration and Management Database (CMDB) to ensure its accuracy and consistency
- Assist in creating/testing disaster recovery procedures
- Ensure published change control procedures are followed and accurately recorded
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work with security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Perform penetration testing.
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up-to-date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Infrastructure improvement
- Lead investigations into new tools/technologies to improve operations
- Submit justified and costed propositions to senior management for new tools/technologies to enhance the operational efficiency of operations
- Develop options for process automation
- Work with Product Development on joint projects to improve the operational aspects of hosted systems
- Act as an internal consultant to the Application Support team to resolve reported issues
- Ensure compliance of all Operations processes and associated SOP’s
- Keep up to date with current and new technologies required to support Operations
Cmed Technology (Offices in Timisoara, Romania) helps research organizations meet the challenges of 21st century clinical trials. We are working to move clinical research to the cloud, and we are looking for experienced Linux Operations and Security specialist to improve the infrastructure and enhance the security for our full-featured modern Single Page Web Applications and Mobile applications connected via REST Services to cloud servers. The applications target a wide range of functionality like clinical data capture, data loading, data analysis or data validation, and they need to both comply with international clinical regulation as well as meet the highest standards of quality.
If you want to make a real difference in infrastructure improvement and security and are interested in the great opportunities that Cmed can offer, all you need to do is to apply now!
Please be aware that we do not accept resumes from outside agencies or recruiters unless specifically requested by a Cmed HR or Recruitment Unsolicited agency or recruiter resumes will not be eligible for referral fees and will be considered candidates Cmed may directly contact for employment.