Linux C++ Software Developer for Avira SafeThings
Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
As the digital journey goes on, Avira formed an in-house IoT Innovation Lab, where we architect uniquely innovative products to amplify the benefits of connected technology, while putting users’ privacy and security first.
#initiate >>> #ideate >>> #prototype >>> #optimize >>> #repeat
This role combines research work and development of highly optimized, low latency services for network devices, such as routers. The goal is to provide security and privacy control services to Avira users worldwide.
You are invited to take a front seat in our start-up like environment to craft software and hardware solutions that benefit hundreds of millions of users.
What you will do:
- Develop portable and optimized software in C/C++ or other languages that will run on multiple hardware and software platforms
- Help with the build system for the software
- Contribute to overall system architecture of the software
- Study existing open source software and libraries to integrate or replace existing components
- Develop additional tools in various scripting languages
- Advanced knowledge of C/C++ (2+ years of real, commercial-facing experience)
- Experience with developing and building software on Linux
- Experience with multithreading, inter-process communication, networking on Linux
- Knowledge of scripting languages is a plus
- Knowledge or experience in embedded Linux distributions is a plus
- passion for experimentation and smart failures. We fuel that with autonomy.
- arguments and prototypes instead of long chains of command. We flourish mastery.
- the ultimate desire to protect people in the connected world. That’s our purpose.
- established teams of aces in diverse fields of knowledge to call for help.
- a simply amazing office (spacious, in central location, BBQ terrace, top of the line espresso machine, massage chair and more)
- top notch work equipment (Apple MacBook Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro)
- great package, including free catered lunch, gym membership, private medical plan