Global License Management Services (LMS) is an organization that promotes the management, governance and awareness of the proper use and distribution for Oracle systems through expert serviceLMS’ goals are to Educate, Equip and Enable our customers. This is achieved by providing the most up-to-date knowledge, employing best practices and tools to manage and maximize an Oracle license investment. LMS offers a range of value-added services to address customers’ license management needs that are transparent and consultative, based on proven processes and expert licensing capability.
The LMS Expansion Consultant will be responsible for providing contractual interpretation on the licensing terms and conditions to customers, while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision.
- Run contract validation operations related to Enterprise License Agreements;
- Develop comprehensive and accurate research of customer contracts, establish licensing position, ensure/validate data collection from the customer and analyze and summarize customer reported information based on a previously established set of business rules;
- Performs research / analysis of usage on data gathered from customers.
- Place customer calls and interact with other LOBs such as Sales, Contracts, Migrations, Support, Legal, Business Practices, Infoprice;
- Work with global LMS team members on various engagements and provide consultancy services;
- Work with the Business Services and Systems Management technical teams for defining technical requirements in order to automate the current activities;
- Work with Oracle customers and partners to understand their usage of Oracle products and services;
- Act as an analytical expert;
- Maintain and develop a high standard of awareness on Oracle products and their associated licensing terms and conditions, as well as Oracle’s business practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish, German or Dutch;
- Advanced in one of the following languages is a plus: French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian;
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or economic field preferred, but not mandatory;
- Proven experience in customer facing activities;
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details and quality checking;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent research, innovation and problem solving skills;
- Be able to work both independently and in team environment;
- Previous experience in customer service is a plus;
- Working globally experience is a plus;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software suites;
- General knowledge about Oracle’s business practices, current and historic licensing metrics;
- General/conceptual understanding of operating systems, hardware environment, software, computer networks and architectures;
- General knowledge with Oracle products and how they work in a customer environment is a plus; (see Oracle Software Investment Guide);
- Ability to interpret and apply contractual concepts;
- Work on flexible time and shifts
Delivers license management services and programs to customers and partners, in order to govern, manage and promote awareness of the proper use and distribution of Oracle solutions. Provides expertise, advisement and tools that aid in managing compliance with Oracle's contractual agreements, while providing value-added services to enhance satisfaction.
Performs qualification activities in the assigned segment to identify accounts/areas where compliance needs to be assessed and ensured. Executes license management engagements/programs with customers and partners, following defined standard processes, that aid in the proper management and distribution of Oracle products. Develops expertise in contractual agreements, licensing policies, technical verifications, compliance processes and other relevant areas, using this to provide analysis and license management advisement. Plans and drives progress on project milestones.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures.
Ability to comprehend and interpret licensing issues.
Strong analytical skills.
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
Typically 2-3 years of related experience and/or customer facing experience in IT/asset management consulting, audit or software asset management
Understanding of the software industry is preferred.