Middle (2-5 years), Senior (5-10 years)
The Legal Manager Commercial will be fully accountable for providing legal advice and support to the retail organisation from the commercial legal perspective.
- Acts as a business advisor, providing legal advice and support ensuring compliance with the law regulations within the commercial key areas.
- Manages legal risk by providing execution and administration of contracts and other legal documentation required by all departments.
- Cooperates with business representatives to draft, negotiate and interpret a wide range of contracts, including sales agreements, service agreements, distributorship agreements, sales support agreements, lease agreements and others.
- Analyses and approves the documentation within the agreements with third parties, assesses and makes proposals for potential amendments, ensuring legal support for projects and partnerships.
- Develops solid cooperation relationships within the organisation to ensure supportive approach and timely visibility and resolution of legal issues.
- Works closely with the business to offer advice on changes in laws and regulations, evaluate their implications and impact on the business, and develops legal positions on such changes.
- Acts as business adviser and offers related support to operational departments concerning specific legal requirements in terms of public tenders specific or related to pharma industry.
- Evaluates the impact and efficiency of established processes and policies in own area of responsibility and makes recommendations for their improvement in order to optimise the overall performance.
- Maintain cooperation and contact with local authorities.
Skills and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree in law with strong academic credentials
- 3-7 years of legal experience in legal & corporate consultancy, preferably in a retail company (work experience in the pharma retail industry will be a plus)
- Strong legal experience and robust knowledge of commercial law and competition law; advertising, consumer protection are strong pluses
- Very strong MS Office skills (Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Strong organisational, analytical, fact-finding, and negotiation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritise workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-dimensional projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude (‘can do’), results focused and hard working.
- Confident and strong at establishing good working relationships quickly.
- Drive to achieve and make things happen.
- Able to influence and network effectively.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and listening skills
- Well organised and accurate in work