Legal Counsel with German
Whether complying with regulatory requirements or managing financial transactions, addressing a single key risk, or working toward a holistic enterprise risk management strategy, Wolters Kluwer works with customers worldwide to help them successfully navigate regulatory complexity, optimize risk and financial performance, and manage data to support critical decisions. Wolters Kluwer provides risk management, compliance, finance and audit solutions that help financial organizations improve efficiency and effectiveness across their enterprise.
With more than 30 offices in 20 countries, and maintains operations in over 170 countries across Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. Wolters Kluwer is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. Its shares are quoted on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
For our Cluj office, we are looking for a Legal Counsel to act as support for the global Sales Team in drafting and negotiation the license and support contracts.
The main responsibilities:
- Contract management: work closely with the salespeople, under the supervisions of the Senior Legal Counsel, on drafting and negotiation process for global license, support and services contracts, using the Contract Management System.
- Conduct contract negotiation with the worldwide customers.
- Draft templates and various documents: play a key role in assisting with drafting of different templates and various documents.
- Assist with the necessary legal researches.
- Archive contracts and other legal documents.
- Provide routine legal advice and services on issues concerning the rights, obligations and privileges of the organization.
- Resolve less complex business or technical issues by identifying legal solutions and recommending a course of action.
- May represent the organization to customers, suppliers, competitors and government agencies.
- Perform research and assists in preparing legal documents prior to execution to accurately express company intent.
- Examine legal data to determine advisability of defending or prosecuting lawsuits.
- Study current legal publications from legal reporting services and advises management of changes
Qualifications and Skillset:
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- Master degree in contract law is a plus
- Experience 3-5 years, preferable in contract law
- Experience that provide knowledge and exposure to understand legal fundamental theories, principles and concepts
- Detail oriented, with excellent organizational skills
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Fluency in English and German is mandatory
- Able to work both independently and in a team