Job title: Legal and Compliance Counsel Romania and Bulgaria
Alternative job title:
Job location: București, RO
Experience requirements: Mid-career
Workfield requirements: Others: Health, Medicine, Social & Fitness
Contract type: Permanent full-time
Sector: Medical, Health & Social Care
Locations: Romania - Bucuresti-Ilfov
Careers that change lives
In our Medtronic Team we are looking for a strong Legal Counsel professional with ability to provide commercially-oriented operational support and strategic guidance to the Medtronic Romania and Bulgaria management team and the commercial operations in Romania and Bulgaria, which include: advise on a broad range of legal and compliance topics including implementation of new commercial projects, business models, commercial contracts including suppliers, distributors, agreements with HMOs, employment law and disputes, competition law and related pricing issues, corporate matters, IP, public procurement law, litigation/arbitration, product liability, data protection, manufacturing operations, supply chain, M&A activities and integrations, medical device regulatory issues; and all combined with a robust and process-driven approach to the management of legal and compliance matters in accordance with local law and the Medtronic policies and procedures.
These activities may include high-level contacts and exposure to sensitive information necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, discretion, judgment and strength of character.
A Day in the Life
We offer you a role where you will:
- Provide commercially-oriented operational legal and compliance support and strategic guidance to management/business units/functions of Medtronic Romania and Medtronic Bulgaria.
- Counsel business clients practically and strategically on legal and compliance issues relating to the businesses/operations in question.
- Draft and negotiate commercial contracts with third parties, such as suppliers, hospitals, HMOs and healthcare providers.
- Advise on legal & compliance matters, such as drafting, review and negotiation of a wide range of commercial and non-commercial agreements.
- Provide operational support on the daily activities of the local operations, including rendering support to the various functions (HR, Pricing, Regulatory).
- Overseeing and supporting the consistent implementation of strategic legal projects and compliance processes locally.
- Support the EMEA Legal and Compliance team on new processes and projects to ensure local implementation and effective incorporation of legal and compliance requirements into local commercial and business activities.
- Ensure compliance with company data protection policy and local legislation.
- Prepare and conduct meetings and training sessions with employees and distributors on Medtronic policies and procedures.
- Create and update contract templates based on best practices and evolving legal standards to reduce risk and increase efficiency.
- Supervise and manage direct reports.
- Participate in & share best practices with the EMEA Legal and Compliance team.
- Effectively manage relationships with outside counsel to maximize the quality of representation and minimize legal expenses.
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
NICE TO HAVE
- Strong academic credentials and degree from recognized law school.
- Very good knowledge of public procurement law
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in health care / life sciences industry or in a top law firm.
- Excellent legal skills and commercial acumen.
- Positive and proactive approach, including driving processes in a complex environment.
- Positive, ‘can-do’ approach, including driving processes in a complex environment.
- Team player; able to “build to bridges” and be “principled” at the same time.
- Romanian mother tongue.
- Fluency in business/legal English (spoken and written)
- Proficiency in Bulgarian language.
- In house experience with a medical device, (bio) technology or pharma company.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life.
We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team.
Whatever your specialty or ambitions, you can make a difference at Medtronic - both in the lives of others and your career. Join us in our commitment to take healthcare Further, Together.