You'll work with a team of enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about data analytics in a financial context and evolving the Client’s investment platform. They're also keen on driving positive technology changes.
What is the role?
· Be part of a business-facing team with a high visibility
· Deliver a first-class data and analytics platform to support investment decision making and quantitative research;
· Refine the existing investment and research platform;
· Work on adopting Python and transition the current systematic models over to the new platform
· Coach and develop more junior team members, ensuring that best practices and methodologies are followed
Who are we looking for?
· Strong Python development (core) experience, preferably in an enterprise environment (8+years)
· Python library knowledge including packages such as pandas, numpy and numba
· Experience with both SQL and NoSQL database platforms
· A drive to deliver with an ability to own a piece of work from start to finish
· An understanding of data structures and common data transformation methodologies
· Able to work in a modern software engineering environment, using Agile and DevOps methodologies and tools including Scrum, git and CI/CD
· Able to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation
As an advantage:
· Proficiency in the Linux environment
· Experience using Docker containers and preferably Kubernetes
· Experience with Cloud (preferably Azure)
· A Computer Science and financial services background