We are looking for a savvy Lead Data Engineer to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as leading a team of cross-studio data engineers in optimizing data flow and collection for cross-functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder, a strong technical lead and a serious data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and/or building them from the ground up.
The Lead Data Engineer will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. He or she must be self-directed and comfortable leading a cross-studio data engineers team while supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing and re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS ‘big data’ technologies and cutting-edge columnar data warehouses.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture with a strong focus on data quality: reliability, consistency and accuracy.
- Lead a team of cross-studio data engineers.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages (Java, Python etc.)
- Experience building, orchestrating and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational and columnar databases
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with large structured and unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Proven extensive experience in a Lead Data Engineer role.
- Experience with Snowflake.
- Experience with Java Spring Boot.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Redshift, Athena, Glue, S3.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
Why join us:
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing!
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers!
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world!
- Or, just because you're looking for a fun place to work!
What Gameloft Bucharest can offer you even more?
- Work from Home program available.
- Day off for your birthday and company’s anniversary;
- Free psychological counseling.
- Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic.
- Lunch tickets.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style.
- A chance to work in a real multicultural environment.
- All the usual perks: cafeteria, free coffee, free fruits, gaming room, relaxation area, free gym. (We will enjoy these again after things will get better)
- Kindergarten inside our courtyard.