Blu Capital Partners (“BCP”) is a merchant banking boutique providing trusted, specialized and discreet corporate advice across a broad range of financial transactions. We work on mergers, acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, divestitures, and strategic advisory, with transaction size generally ranging from EUR 10 to 100 million. BCP sometimes makes private equity investments in selected companies. The founders of Blu Capital Partners have international experience in one of the world's most renowned financial institutions, private equity and hedge funds (The Carlyle Group, Rothschild Merchant Banking, Intermediate Capital Group). Blu Capital Partners works on transactions in Europe, including in Western and Eastern Europe.
What we are looking for
BCP is looking for Quants for one of its portfolio companies, an innovative hedge fund with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. The Company specializes in medium-frequency long-short equity trading, driven by systematic trading strategies and has a 10-year track record of consistent performance.
With the support of BCP, the Company is launching an initiative to expand its business in several key areas, in particular in the development of Artificial Intelligence (AI)-driven asset management solutions. For this initiative, the Company is looking to increase its team with both junior and senior Quants that are ambitious, self-motivated and entrepreneurial in their thinking.
The Company is internationally orientated and employs personnel in Amsterdam, London, Paris, and Bucharest. Candidates from all nationalities may apply; juniors are expected to work in the Bucharest office or in exceptional cases from home office.
Job Description - What you'll do as a Quant
The Company’s Trading and Research team creates trading strategies scientifically by combining its quantitative expertise with sophisticated understanding of financial products and financial markets. The team is looking to add Quantitative Developers who will make a direct and measurable impact on our trading decisions and performance.
The successful candidate will have a strong programming background, familiarity with mathematical techniques and the fluency to leverage both skills to produce trading solutions and high-performance production code. In this role you will:
- Design and develop production code of trading strategies: pricing models, execution logic and performance optimization along with data analysts, traders and system engineers
- Create innovative methods for extracting trading signals from complex market data
- Advance existing codebase and propose new solutions and improvements
We seek to hire individuals who are equipped with the right finance and entrepreneurial skills and are motivated for a career in the hedge fund management business. The requirements for successful candidates are:
- Analytical, logical and business diagnostic skills
- Committed, proactive and entrepreneurial
- Ability to communicate effectively in presentations and express complex strategies in an organized and articulate manner
- Effective time management skills in order to meet deadlines
- Collaborative and team-oriented with sound judgment and strong interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and structured. Able to deal with ambiguity
- Able to work long hours, against tight deadlines and under pressure
- Willingness to learn and develop
- MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Work experience with the Bloomberg Terminal is considered a plus
- Familiarity with financial/research databases such as Quanthouse
- Investment research and excel modeling
- Understanding of accounting and financial analysis, including IFRS.
- Strong command of English (writing and verbal).
Requirements for juniors:
- BS/MS degree in a technical field – Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics (or related subject) must be completed upon employment
- Experience with data analysis and programming in Python.
- Basic financial model building skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in object-oriented programming
- Good understanding of algebra, statistics. AI knowledge is considered a plus.
- Desire and ability to learn the intricacies of financial markets
Requirements for seniors:
- All of the above, with preference for candidates that have a MS/PhD degree in a technical field
- Strong experience in developing and back testing systematic trading strategies in Python or related programming platforms.
- At least 5 years of working experience in a Quant role for a proprietary trading company, hedge fund, or investment manager.
- Good understanding of financial markets, products, and data.
- Strong knowledge of data handling and data analysis of large financial datasets.
- Ability to independently test trading ideas and developing them into systematic, production-proof trading strategies, where experience with AI-driven strategies is considered a plus.
What we offer you
- Full-time position within an exciting work environment, a hedge fund that is using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in its strategies
- For employees in the Bucharest office: restaurant tickets, subscription to private hospital, gym subscription, etc.
- The role would benefit from exposure to an international environment with wide range of investment strategies and trading on worldwide markets, training materials, and access to top data-bases and financial research.
- Friendly and entrepreneurial working environment, encouraging a high level of responsibility starting day 1
- Work in small teams, which offers exposure on the entire investment cycle (as opposed to exposure on a few tasks in large firms)
- Diverse opportunities for personal and professional development by working hands-on on challenging and diverse projects, including high-profile investment strategies and stakeholders.
- Training on financial modeling, creation of investment presentations and other investment activities
- Depending on performance, opportunity for remote work and a flexible schedule early after starting
- Working directly with the founders of Blu Capital Partners, offering a unique opportunity to learn about international practices in investments
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV, cover letter and preferred starting date to , CC and . If selected to pursue, candidates will participate in a case study assessment including a pitching & modeling exercise.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.