Junior Interface Specialist
Entry (0-2 years)
English - advanced
Junior Interface Specialists are responsible for the hands on configuration of interfaces between Darwin™ and third party systems (client payroll/HRIS systems and benefit providers) across the whole range of projects undertaken by Thomsons.
They perform testing of configured functionality and support UAT activity for Clients, and are responsible for analyzing, creating and maintaining interface design and specification documentation.
They will be also responsible for the maintenance of existing connections between DarwinTM and 3rd party systems (SSO and SFTP).
The role and your mission:
- Configuration of DarwinTM to allow access via SSO into and out of the application
- Configuration of DarwinTM to allow transfer of data between client and provider systems.
- Maintenance of SSO and SFTP (replacing certificates, SSH keys and PGP keys)
- Supporting Interface Specialists on successful delivery of tasks and activities as directed by the Team Lead including:
- Help plan, perform and document testing of new and existing interfaces to defined specifications/requirements and supporting clients and the Project Lead in this activity
- Support before and / or in calls with clients and providers to discuss Interface requirements
- Creating and maintaining “How to” pages (on internal portal) about specific Interface topics
Your experience and values:
- Graduate caliber (preferably in an IT or Business Systems related subject)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Familiarity with basic programming principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Excellent attention to detail
- Basic IT knowledge combined with a genuine desire to work hands on with technology
- Previous experience in interface design or development is a plus
- Experience in data manipulation and handling is a plus
- Knowledge of Secure File Transfer automation is a plus
- Knowledge of SSO / SAML2 is a plus
- JIRA knowledge / Kanban work is a plus
Our PINK benefits and culture:
- A fail-friendly environment that encourages learning and initiative
- A yearly budget and the opportunity to build your own flexible benefits package
- Work as part of a geographically distributed team, with colleagues in UK and Singapore
- Fast-paced, agile work environment and the opportunity to work with our impressive clients